Taking Advantage

"Please, please, please, please," Eddie begged as he pulled me tight to him, kissing me over and over again on the side of my face. I laughed and tried to wiggle out of his arms. His hold was strong on me, though, and I looked up at him.

His face was set in a goofy grin and his cheeks were flushed from the alcohol. He was drunk, and cute, and so excited about being in public with me.

"We are not making out with each other on the couch, in the middle of the party, you menace," I teased, placing a hand on the back of his neck and scratching his scalp. He hummed happily and got close to my face.

"I just want to show off," he whined, his eyes crinkling. I laughed and shook my head.

"You already are," I quipped.

He groaned and buried his face in my neck. I kissed the side of his face, loving the fact that I was able to be held like this by my boyfriend in public. I looked around and noticed Jason and Chrissy staring at us, absolutely bewildered by my behavior. I felt my chest clench, but it quickly went away when Eddie kissed my jaw and came back to my face. He started playing with my hair, and I shivered like I always did.

"Do you want to go back to your house?" he asked quietly. I grinned and nodded.

"You're not driving, though," I retorted. He nodded and agreed. I glanced around to find our friends and saw them joking in the corner. I pulled Eddie along and giggled as he draped himself over me, kissing my neck over and over again. The boys greeted us, and I looked at Gareth and Jeff.

"Could one of you drive Shelob back to my house for Eddie? I don't want him driving," I asked. Jeff's eyes widened.

"I'm sorry – he told you about the dorky name for his van and you still like him?" Jeff joked. I laughed and he shook his head. "You're one of a kind, Patterson."

"She's the best, just the best, best, best," Eddie slurred as he buried his face into the back of my head. I grinned and nodded towards the door, prompting the boys to follow me out. I gave a quick wave goodbye to Jason and Chrissy. I knew better than to talk to them while they were still trying to comprehend what was going on. They both offered a weak wave and turned back to each other to keep talking.

Jeff took Eddie's keys and trotted around the front to start the van. I was going to climb into the passenger's seat, but Eddie grabbed me and pulled me into the back with him, giggling wildly. He closed the van door and immediately pulled me onto his lap and was kissing my neck.

"Eddie!" I hissed, trying to move off him. Jeff started towards my house, Gareth following us close behind. Jeff glanced up in the rearview mirror and rolled his eyes.

"Munson – maybe wait until I drop you off, alright?" Jeff ordered. Eddie pulled back from my neck and looked at me, beaming.

"Can you blame me? She's the shiniest girl in the world, I can't control myself," Eddie quipped, making my heart skip. I shook my head and pressed my hands to his chest so he wouldn't kiss me again.

"We are, like, two minutes away from my house – just relax," I cooed, trying to calm him down. He groaned and threw his head back. I giggled – this was the drunkest I had ever seen him, and it was delightful to learn what a cute and sweet drunk he was. He continued to trace my thighs,

"We're here – thank, god," Jeff announced, pulling to a stop in front of my house. Eddie cheered and I grinned in spite of myself. Jeff turned and tossed me the keys, smiling at me. "I'm happy for you two. Make sure he gets some water."

I smiled and nodded at him as we all climbed out of the van. I waved to the boys in Gareth's car as Jeff climbed in, trying to steady Eddie as he pounced on me, holding me tightly as he immediately pressed his lips to my neck. I shrieked with laughter as we stumbled through the front door.