Pool Day

Eddie was beaming up at his ceiling, scratching my bare back as I traced his chest. He looked down at me, setting a hand on the side of my face and tracing my lips with his thumb. I felt that same wave of affection I had felt all those weeks ago.

"I'll tell you what, princess – I don't think that will ever get old," he flirted before kissing me softly. I felt my face flush and buried my face in the crook of his neck. He laughed at how embarrassed I got and kissed the top of my head. "It's a compliment, Go!"

"You just like embarrassing me," I muttered, smiling in spite of myself. He laughed some more and kissed me quickly.

"It does feel good to put the Margot Patterson on the spot," he teased. I smiled up at him. I couldn't believe how lucky I was that he had forgiven me. He pulled me closer to him.

"What time is it?" I asked, yawning. He reached over to his nightstand and grabbed his alarm clock, wincing.

"Two in the morning," he answered. He looked at me and kissed me before setting his clock back. "We've got to make sure you get your beauty sleep before the big party."

I felt a wave of nerves and nodded at him. He grinned and sat up, leaning over the side of the bed and grabbing a t-shirt from his floor. He gestured for me to sit up and pulled it over my head before kissing my forehead. He flipped the lamp off and pulled me back into his arms.

"Are...are you feeling okay about the party still?" Eddie asked me quietly, the darkness giving him the bravery to ask questions. I nuzzled my face into his chest, smiling as I felt his heart pound.

"I'm a mix of nerves and excitement," I answered. "Mostly excitement, though."

"Me too," he said. I could hear him smiling in his voice. I kissed his chest quickly.

"Maybe we could still play hide and seek," I teased. He hummed happily and kissed my forehead.

"Maybe – as long as I can hold your hand in front of everyone," he replied. I felt my heart soften at his simple request. I traced his sides softly.

"You can even kiss me in front of everyone," I assured him. He kissed the top of my head and took a deep breath in.

"Do you know...how are you going to tell Jason and Chrissy?" he asked. I took a beat.

"I'm just going to tell them. Rip the band aid off. I'm going to tell them how happy you make me and how much I like you," I answered.

"You make me happy, too, Go," he replied. I smiled and nuzzled closer to him, kissing his chest again. I laid there with him, loving the bubble we were in. His breathing slowed and he was soon snoring. I didn't realize how much I had missed that sound until I was soon fast asleep as well.

"Nephew –I got breakfast!"

My eyes shot open, and Eddie groaned. I yawned and Eddie stretched like a cat, pulling me tight in his arms. He started peppering my face with kisses, making me laugh.

"I was so worried this was just a dream," he flirted between kisses. I held his face in my hands and smiled at him before kissing him softly. He pulled me close for a tight hug and he kissed the side of my face. "Okay, I'm going to prep Wayne. I'll see you out there, princess."

He rolled out of bed, and I watched him pull a pair of sweatpants on. He turned and winked at me before leaving the room.

"Wayne, keep it in your pants," he yelled back, making me giggle. I got out of bed and padded to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I finished freshening up and glanced around for a pair of pants. I settled on a flannel pair that Eddie had crumpled on the floor and I took a deep breath before going out into the kitchen.