Worth It

"So handsome," Margot said, her tone sweet and genuine. I felt my face flush and tried to play it off.

"It's alright," I replied, trying to be neutral. I stared at the mirror and my face twisted into a smile.

I was in a black suit and a white button up that was tailored to me. It was the first suit I had ever worn, and I felt like a rockstar in it. I glanced up and noticed Margot watching me, her eyes lit up and excited.

When she looked at me like that, I felt as handsome as she insisted I was.

She came up behind me and started smoothing the suit out, running her hands along my chest and making my heart pound. I watched her closely and kissed the side of her face whenever she got close. She giggled and waved me off so she could make sure the suit fit me right. I grabbed her and pulled her close to me, making her laugh.

"I guess you're feeling better," she teased. I nodded – after laying on the couch together for a while, she had insisted that we get up and be productive. I knew part of it was because she was sick of sitting and stewing about her friends, and I was willing to do whatever I needed to do to make her feel better.

I nodded and kissed her softly, feeling smug when she melted into me. She pulled back and set a hand on my chest.

"Maybe Corroded Coffin's new uniform could be a suit," she suggested, batting her lashes at me. I laughed and shook my head.

"Only you get me in a suit, princess," I replied. She grinned and kissed me quickly.

"So, is this the one?" The shop attendant came back, clapping his hands together. He was large, red-faced, and balding, but had been the only friendly one from the whole shop. He and Margot had worked together to pick a suit out for me, and I had been thrilled to have been included on the journey.

"I think so," I replied, looking down at Margot. She nodded excitedly at me, and the attendant laughed.

"I guess if your girl looks at you like that you need to get the suit," he joked. I grinned and nodded at him, pulling the jacket off. "You get changed and I'll take care of you guys up front."

I went back into the changing room, hanging the different clothes back up and pulling my usual garb back on.

"Hey, Go? Can you come help me really quick?" I called, feeling like putting her on the spot.

"Sure," she replied sweetly.

I grinned and waited for her to knock on the door. Once I did, I quickly opened the door and yanked her inside, pressing her against the door as I closed it. I immediately silenced her by kissing her hard, giving her one of the kisses she always got so flustered after. I moved down her neck and grinned as she gripped onto my hair.

"W-what did you n-need help with?" she croaked. I pulled back and smiled at her.

"It's so cute when you're a dork," I teased, kissing her softly. She furrowed her brows. I laughed. "I don't need help – I just wanted an excuse to get you in a small room with me."

Her eyes widened and I kissed her hard. She was flushed and out of breath and too shiny for me again. I brushed her hair out of her face.

"I liked that he called me your girl," she said quietly, tracing my chest. I felt my stomach flip and nodded. She kissed me quickly and maneuvered out of my arms. She grabbed the suit and smiled at me. "Let's go check out."

"I'll check something out," I flirted, grasping at her waist and following her out. She laughed and tried to shoo my hands away. She was unsuccessful as I pulled her back to my chest, kissing the nape of her neck as we got to the front counter.