JASON GRACE

"This onion soup, it's brilliant, Molly," I said, smiling. "Thank you so much-"

"Oh, it's alright, dear," Molly waved her hand at me. "Just remember to have dinner a bit more earlier. You too, Percy."

"Yessir!" Percy saluted, smiling. 

"You're all so funny with that accent, I swear," Tonks chuckled.

"Oh, really?" Annabeth grinned. "The fact that you pronounce what as 'whot' is so incredibly- I can't even say it out loud... it's apalling, to say the least."

"But enough about that," Will smiled. "What of Remus Lupin?" he smirked.

Tonks' already red eyes matched the color of her cheeks. "I-"

"Wait," Sirius said, turning to the door. "Someone just knocked."

Indeed, as though to prove him correct, someone knocked two more times.

"Who's there?" said Molly nervously. "Declare yourself!"

"It is I, Dumbledore, bringing Harry."

The door was opened at once. 

"Harry, dear! Gracious, Albus, you gave me a fright, you said not to expect you before morning!"

"We were lucky," said Dumbledore, ushering Harry over the threshold. "Slughorn proved much more persuadable than I had expected. Harry's doing, of course. Ah, hello, Nymphadora! Jason, Percy, Annabeth, good day!"

"Hello, Professor," she said. "Wotcher, Harry."

"Hi, Tonks."

"Hey man," Percy greeted Harry. "Evening, Professor."

"Hi Percy," Harry nodded, yawning quite a bit.

"I'd better be off," Tonks said quickly, standing up and pulling her cloak around her shoulders. "Thanks for the tea and sympathy, Molly."

"Please don't leave on my account," said Dumbledore courteously, "I cannot stay, I have urgent matters to discuss with Rufus Scrimgeour."

"No, no, I need to get going," said Tonks, not meeting Dumbledore's eyes. "'Night..."

"Dear, why not come to dinner at the weekend, Remus and Mad-Eye are coming... ?"

"No, really, Molly... thanks anyway... Goodnight, every-one."

"I'll drop you off," Sirius went behind her.

They hurried past Dumbledore and Harry into the yard; a few paces beyond the doorstep, they turned on the spot and vanished into thin air. 

"Well, I shall see you at Hogwarts, Harry," said Dumbledore. "Take care of yourself. Molly, your servant."

He made Molly a bow and followed Tonks, vanishing at precisely the same spot. Molly closed the door on the empty yard and then steered Harry by the shoulders into the full glow of the lantern on the table to examine his appearance.

"You're like Ron," she sighed, looking him up and down. "Both of you look as though you've had Stretching jinxes put on you. I swear Ron's grown four inches since I last bought him school robes. Are you hungry, Harry?"

***

"So Hermione's here?" Harry asked happily as he tickled Crookshanks behind the ears.

"Yeah, came in day before," Percy scratched his own head. "Everyone else is in bed, of course. We just couldn't sleep... didn't eat dinner."

Harry tutted loudly. "Seriously."

"Just like James," Sirius smirked.

Molly tapped the pot again; it rose into the air, flew toward Harry, and tipped over the bowl. "Bread, dear?"