BONUS: THE DAY SHE GAVE OUT PUNISHMENTS

Coffee really is the best thing on Earth.

I can say that confidently, even though I know that all the Brits will be out for my blood in a few moments.

That being said, hot chocolate in winter tops even coffee.

Which was why I got the new Vitro X1 machine that could dispense Hot Chocolate, Earl Grey Tea, Caffe Latte, Mocha, Vanilla Latte and Espresso, among a few other drinks. Chiron told me it was a little off the budget, so I had to work part time at a coffee shop, but hey, at least it was worth it and I picked up some coffee making skills on the way.

It was Luke's seventh Capture the Flag, and ever since he'd become Cabin Counsellor, we'd finally gotten to winning again.

I put down my book, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, and sat up, finishing the last cookie in the jar. I sneaked to the cupboard, so as to not wake Malcolm and Annabeth, and took out a new box of cookies to fill up into the jar. Did I ever mention that we have a kitchen down in the Cabin?

It was just seven in the evening when the door opened. Lee strutted into the room, whistling the tune of 'We Will Rock You', which I thought was impossible. That boy always amazed me.

"Shh," I scolded Lee. "Shut up."

"What?"

"The kids are sleeping upstairs," I said, tiptoeing back to the couch and picking my book again.

Lee laughed. "I swear, it's like you've turned into Tess now," he said. "He was always like this when you were sleeping during our CTF sessions."

"Oh shut up," I blushed. "It's not like I wanted to be the mom of this Cabin."

Lee chuckled. "Fine," he plopped down on the couch. "What book are you reading now?"

"Girl with a Dragon Tattoo," I replied as I put the book back into its shelf and began to make a cup of Vanilla Latte, Lee's favorite.

"It has no pictures?"

"Nope."

"That's just sad."

"It's better than your medical book," I shrugged.

Lee made himself home as he tore open a cookie jar and began to munch. "This is why I like coming to your Cabin. There's food."

"Well, what can I say? We intellectuals need food, almost all the time," I smiled. "Unlike you childish singers."

"Dad won't be happy with that statement," Lee pouted.

"Meh," I shrugged. "No one can touch me as long as I've got my mom on my side."

I handed the steaming mug of coffee to Lee and sat down. Lee blew over the steam and began to quite literally chug it.

I leaned on his shoulder. "I'm really fed up of all this."

"All what?"

"Babysitting."

Lee smiled. "Imagine what I go through everyday."

"I pity all of us Cabin Counsellors, seriously," I sighed, closing my eyes.

BANG.

The door flew open, and the sound of hooves echoed into the small room as Lee and I jumped from the couch in shock.

"Chiron?!" I asked, shocked.

"That's right," Chiron replied. His tone was different. Usually, his voice was calm, like he was practicing meditation every moment of his life. But now, it seemed unsteady, like he was nervous, probably a bit angry.

"What happened?" I asked. "Look whatever you heard about me and Lee being a couple is false. Okay? We're just best friends-"

"Damn those rumors," Chiron snapped at me. "Look at what I found in the attic."

A tiny girl with long, honey-blonde hair walked into the Cabin sheepishly, her head hung in shame. Her eyes were red from crying, and her hair was dishevelled.

"Annabeth?" Lee asked. "But I thought-"

"You're supposed to be asleep," I said, shocked. I ran up the stairs at once to look at the beds, which had seemed to be full with the toddler Malcolm and the girl asleep. Of course. Annabeth's bed was empty, stuffed with pillows to make it look like someone had been there.

My brain went full on rage mode. I stomped down the stairs, not caring about whether the sound would wake up Malcolm.

I remember Annabeth describing me later as a gray-eyed fury that had come to Earth just to rain hell on her that particular day.

I glared at the girl. "What are you doing out of bed?" I asked her.

Chiron answered for the eight-year-old. "I found her in the Oracle's attic, and guess what she was doing?"

"Was she asking for a quest?" I asked, still glaring down at Annabeth.

"No," Chiron replied. "She read this."

Chiron was holding a piece of aging paper. I recognized it almost immediately. "The Great Prophecy," I whispered.

The Great Prophecy was a prediction given by the Oracle almost seventy years ago- during World War II, I think. Hestia had uttered the Oracle's words to us- Lee, Tess, Adam and I. And to think that Adam and Tess always wanted to meet the person who would reach sixteen against all odds...

The words had been too much to take in, even as a ten year old. But Annabeth... she was still a child.

"What were you thinking?" I asked the girl furiously.

Annabeth did not reply.

I turned to Chiron. "Please forgive her. I'm sure she did not intend to do this- we had been discussing the prophecy last class... but I never expected..."

Chiron sighed angrily. "It's alright," he said. "But imagine what would have happened if she went around telling the prophecy to everyone... she is a child, after all."

"I understand," I nodded. "I assure you, this will never happen again." I glared at Annabeth once more. Malcolm waddled towards the edge of the stairs, looking down at all the commotion.

"You must understand," Chiron said, "Annabeth here hasn't just broken one rule. She has sneaked out of the Cabin without the Cabin Counsellor's permission, sneaked into the Cabin while wearing a hat of invisibility and read the most forbidden prophecy in the camp."

I nodded without looking away from Annabeth.

"This is not acceptable behavior," Chiron said. "And since you are her Cabin Counsellor, it is your duty to punish her as needed. Mind you, it's Mr. D's orders that she be punished for this."

"I understand, Chiron," I said, looking at the camp activities director. "To err is human, but mistakes always have consequences. I think it's time Ms. Chase learnt a few practical lessons."

Annabeth looked at me in shock.

"Annabeth," I said angrily, "your mistake will have consequences as well. You will not be joining any Capture the Flag events in the coming three months, or involve yourself in any discussions relating to it."

Annabeth's eyes widened. My heart almost broke at the sight of tears running down those beautiful gray eyes. But rules were rules. Even if Annabeth loved Capture the Flag. It did seem a bit harsh, but at least she'd learn the lesson.

Chiron nodded. "It's a good decision," he said. "Better than most punishments a Cabin Counsellor would give. Or even what Mr. D would give."

"I'm sure he'd turn us into dolphins if we did something wrong," Lee nodded.

______________________________________________