BONUS: WOULD YOU EVER LIKE TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND

"Class dismissed," I announced, stacking the books in order.

"Alright, people.. finally," Luke announced. "Free time!"

The class roared, and the Cabin's inmates ran out the classroom in joy. I smiled and turned back to put the books away.

"I'll see you at lunch?" Annabeth asked me.

"Yeah, okay," I replied. "Be careful, Beth. Don't choke on the apples."

"THAT WAS ONE TIME!"

"Alright, alright," I chuckled. I started to arrange the books in order. Annabeth stomped out the room in a childish fury.

"You know, you're so loyal to your fatal flaw."

My hand froze in the air, a copy of the Iliad just about to go into the bookshelf. I closed my eyes and frowned. "Oh dear lord," I whispered.

"And to be honest, if Mr. D hadn't given me a pep talk about your whole 'trust' issues with me a day ago, I wouldn't even considering talking you," he said.

Damn you, Mr. D, I thought.

I pushed the Iliad back into it's shelf and turned around. Luke Castellan, smiling, his blue eyes shining, was staring at me with determination. I wondered whether he wanted to fight me or go out on a date. Probably fight, I figured.

I cleared my throat. "Luke," I said, "we were probably just fazed by the big victory is all. I mean, I can't even remember anything that happened-"

"That's a lie," Luke said, smiling. "You always bite your lip when you lie."

I bit my lip again. "Luke..."

"So you do remember everything," Luke smirked. "Look- all I want to know is why not? What do you find so wrong that you can't go out with me?"

"It's not you," I scratched my head, my gaze moving from him to the door. I really wanted to leave. "It's me. I can't trust anyone easily... and you- we've known each other only for-"

"A whole year," Luke said. "And we know each other pretty well. For gods sakes', I literally slept in the same Cabin as you did for a while-"

"Because Annabeth needed you," I said. "I don't know who you really are, Castellan."

I took a deep breath in and walked past him.

"Did you know who Theseus Young really was?" Luke asked as I reached the door. "did you ever ask him about his family, his past?"

I stopped. "No," I retorted, "but I didn't need to know it. He was my brother. And-"

"You just trusted him," Luke said. He turned to me. "You trusted him because he looked trustworthy to you. But I caused your best friend's death- is that what you see in me, Adler? A murderer in the making?"

"No, no," I said hastily. "No, Luke. I could never..." I took a deep breath in. "I made a promise.. I don't blame anyone for Adam's or Tess' death... no. I just... I don't think our morals match- we have different viewpoints, different ways of dealing with people, and I... Mr. D must have told you my fatal flaw."

Luke nodded. "You never trust anyone easily, and you never let them go once you trust them," he said.

"It takes me time," I said. "And even more time... because every time I look at you... I remember that night. I don't blame you, but I can't help it."

A short silence passed as I looked at the ground, pained by the memory of the night- Tess had pushed me away-

"Hey," Luke said shortly, "at least we're one step towards trust now, see?"

"What?" I asked, shocked.

"See, you told me a secret," Luke smiled. "So I'll tell you a secret."

I raised an eyebrow. "What?" I asked, curious.

Luke smirked. "Always know how to get an Athena kid curious," he whispered.

"What is it?" I smiled.

"I'm not saying it," Luke stuck his tongue out.

"Hey," I pouted. "Come on, a deal's a deal."

"I never shook on it," Luke smiled playfully. He extended his hand to me. "Let's make a deal now."

"Fine," I said, reaching out to him. I held his hand, and shook it.

But Luke had better plans. He pulled me towards him, smiling. "I think you're beautiful as heck," he whispered.

My cheeks went hot. "Okay, so what's the secret?"

"That's the secret," Luke smiled.

I bit the inside of my cheek, trying not to smile. "That's just disappointing, don't you think?"

Luke's smile dropped. "Seriously?" he frowned.

The façade broke down and I smiled. "No, but it's cute," I said. "Thanks for thinking that."

I let go of his hand and tried to walk away.

Luke pouted, not letting go of me. "That's it?"

I raised an eyebrow. "That's it what?"

"Hey, I gave you a compliment..." Luke said.

"And I gave you a secret," I smiled. "I think we're even."

Luke pouted even more, his face red.

I grinned. "What were you expecting?" I asked.

Luke turned away, facing the shelves. He muttered something about 'at least a kiss on the cheek'.

The boy was cute as hell. He crossed his arms and continued to mutter childishly. My stomach seemed to do a back-flip as I watched his blonde hair wave along with the wind that flowed in through the window.

Voices in my mind seemed to say, 'Don't. Turn off your heart. Love is never good.'

But my heart pounded against my ribcage, completely taking control of me- shutting down every practical emotion, every logical reasoning in my mind.

"You know what?" I walked to him. "I'll do you one better than a kiss on the cheek."

I stood on my toes and slung my arms around his neck. Luke put his arms down in shock, staring me in the eye just as I pressed my lips to his, and I closed my eyes. Almost instantly, his arms snaked around my waist and he supported me as I held onto him.

We stayed interlaced for a minute or so and I finally pulled away. "Is that enough?" I asked.

Luke didn't let me go, and his grip tightened around my waist. "Well," he said, "it is enough for now. I wouldn't mind another-"

I pecked his lips. "That's another."

"Hey, that's not counted," Luke protested, kissing my jaw.

"Shut up," I smiled. I pulled free away from him, gripping his hand. "It's my free time and I promised Annabeth lunch. Don't make it filthy with one of your dirty pranks on us."

"Wouldn't dream of it," Luke said.

"I swear, Castellan," I said, "I'm warning you. Otherwise I'll find you and run over you with a go-kart."

"That's new," Luke said, smirking.

I let go of his hand and walked to the door. "It's a whole new level of grand threats when you reach a level of good trust with me."

"Hey," Luke called.

I turned around.

"Thanks for trusting me."

I smiled. "Thanks for being trustable."