BONUS: THE DAY SHE ESCAPED

I felt like I was losing a lot of blood.

Everyday, Kelli would come in, and she'd show me a new vision of someone killing me. It could be Chiron, it could be Percy, sometimes it was even Athena.

And everyday, I would wake with some part or another bleeding like hell, and I wouldn't even have a first aid-kit to patch myself up.

Okay, I was definitely losing a lot of blood.

My skin and hair only turned paler and paler by the day. I'd grown used to the platinum hair by then. I thought, perhaps this is the only way of making sure that Tess would always stay with me. In my hair.

It made sense back then, okay? I liked to think positive back then.

I didn't know how many days, months had passed since that last message I'd sent to Chiron, asking for help. But no help had arrived. It was like they were just plainly ignored my pleas for help.

I still wore the same CHB shirt that I had worn when I saved Luke from holding up the sky. I still had the same shoes from that night, except it now had a hole as big as the whole earth.

It was dark outside... almost evening. I closed my eyes, revisiting my favorite book- the Last Days of Hitler. It was amazing. Yes, I liked non-fiction. Doesn't mean I don't read fiction. I was a fan of The Book Thief, One of Us is Lying series and every other series of books you could find. I'd even read Dune.

I'd just finished page 101, when the cell door made a weird sound.

I believe it was a terrifying BANG.

I didn't open my eyes, though. I moved on to page 102.

BANG.

The historian's vivid, terrifying account of the Führer's demise- it was just chef's kiss. I love the British Intelligence just for hiring the guy.

BANG.

"Ariana?" a voice asked.

It was familiar, yes. I sat up, sighing. "What is it now? Need to give me another one of my dark memories?" I muttered.

"Holy Hera," the boy cursed as he saw me in all my full splendor of torn shoes and platinum hair. "What the hell happened to you?"

I tilted my head, confused. "Percy?"

Percy blinked for a moment. "Yeah, wanna get out of here?"

My heart flew upwards. "Yeah- yeah, definitely."

"Well, don't just stand there," Percy said. "I've got a ship of demons to distract."

"What?" I squinted, following him. We charged out the door.

"Kronos' heading for New York," Percy explained. "We're slowing him down and saving you. Got the plan? Beckendorf is working downstairs on blowing this place out."

I extended my arm, and instantly, my quiver appeared around my shoulder and my bow was ready to aim.

A half dozen telkhines were tromping down the stairs. We cut through them faster than they could yelp. We burst through a door onto deck six and kept running. I'm sure the carpeted hall had once been very plush, but over the last three years of monster occupation the wallpaper, carpet, and stateroom doors had been clawed up and slimed so it looked like the inside of a dragon's throat.

We reached the promenade, a big shopping mall that took up the whole middle of the ship, and I stopped cold. In the middle of the courtyard stood a fountain. And in the fountain squatted a giant crab.

I'm not talking "giant" like $7.99 all-you-can-eat Alaskan king crab. I'm talking giant like bigger than the fountain. The monster rose ten feet out of the water. Its shell was mottled blue and green, its pincers longer than my body.