PHOEBUS APOLLO

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?!!!" Father yelled.

I almost took a step back, expecting a bolt of lightning to hit me.

And then I realized once again.

I took a deep breath in to keep myself from laughing.

"Father," I said calmly, "Thanos' snap has changed all of us a lot more than we'd like. I'm sorry to say this.... but right now, you're the god of snow."

"LIKE ELSA?!" Father roared at me, his face red with fury.

"Like Khione."

"Khione... who is that?"

"She is.. was the goddess of snow," I explained. "You're not the only one suffering though," I added hastily, seeing as Zeus' red face turned purple. "Poseidon was just admitted by Amphitrite yesterday because he had started to choke on water. Athena has recovered well, but along with her powers of strategy and wisdom, she has power over the dead. And Hades can control water... Hermes' and my powers have remained intact. I mean, you could be worse. Ares has become the god of love, for a change, which I think is a win..."

Zeus stared me down for an entire minute.

"BUT WHY AM I ELSA?!"

I rolled my eyes so hard I almost saw the interior of my skull. "For the hundredth time, you're Khione."

"Khione? That D-list goddess-"

"I guess," I shrugged, shoving my hands into my hoodie pockets. "Here." I took out a toffee. "A token of bravery for you. I give it to all my patients."

Zeus stared from me to the toffee and back to me again. 

"Oh come on," I sighed. "It's got a formula for some dreamless sleep. You need rest now that you're mortal."

My father grumbled for two minutes straight and finally snatched the toffee from my hand and popped it into his mouth.

I turned to the golden doors and turned back as Zeus fell back on the bed again. "Count from one to ten," I suggested.

"Stupid mortalness," Zeus said. "One. Two.." his eyes started to close and open slowly, rolling into the back of his head. "Three.... four....... f-f-i-ve," he yawned, "six.....zzzz...."

"And.. scene," I finished as he closed his eyes and began to snore.

The door creaked open, and a tiny head poked in, platinum blonde hair falling all over her face. "He down?" Ari asked.

"Yup," I replied, walking towards her. "For the next eight hours while we figure out what to do."

Ari held the door open for me and I walked outside.

"I've got a plan, actually," she said. "The demigods are hopefully working on it."

"What is it?"

"It's a sort of a secret. For now."

She closed the door behind her gently. "Mum's awake. She took the news well. Hera, Ares, Aphrodite, Dionysus, Hecate and Poseidon, all down for the day. It's only you, Mum, Hermes and me. And Hermes and Mum have gone to find your sister."

I was in shock. I stopped in my tracks. "They haven't found her yet?!"

Ari turned around, a consoling smile on her face, "Hey, I'm sure she's just around with her Hunters! As you know, it's always difficult for gods to figure out their locations. That's why Mum's going with Hermes this time, y'know, cause she's a goddess?"

I put my palms to my face in panic. Artemis was my sweet little sister. I could never let go of her- if anything happened-

A warm hand gently wrapped my shoulders. "Hey," Ari said, her voice surprisingly melodious. I looked up into her dark gray eyes which seemed to be full of hope. "Artemis is fine. She'll be fine."

The evening sun hit Olympus's glass windows right behind, and Ari's slightly tan skin seemed to glow, her silver hair glittering with golden specks of light.

I know that I'm the one with the freakishly fabulous hair, but at that moment, I was jealous. Something about her seemed to put off my fear, make me feel relaxed.

I took a deep breath in, and nodded. "Okay."

"Good," said Ariana, her pearly white teeth flashing a cute smile, and she took her arms off my shoulders and wrapped her palm around mine.

I didn't know who was holding onto who- was I holding onto her, or was she holding onto me?

***

We sat by the edge of the Empire State Building, shut down for business temporarily.

"So," I asked, "why now?"

"Hmm?" Ari asked, her gaze distracted, looking down at the busy streets of New York, still full with cars- even after the Blip. She turned to me.

"Why did you come back to Olympus with me now? You have no part in this battle."

"You don't know that," Ari shrugged. "Besides, I was pulled into this again. I didn't join voluntarily."

I turned away from her. Her words seemed to have an implied meaning. I looked down at the cars in guilt.

Ari sighed. "The last I remember being truly happy," she said, "was when I was twenty. It's been more than ten years since then. I guess I knew I wanted to always come back one day... I just couldn't decide I was ready or not... with all the memories connected to Luke there.." her voice trailed off.

Our legs were dangling off the edge dangerously, but hey, it's already doomsday, so who cares.

"It was actually not that depressing, to be honest," Ariana said shortly. "I just think I was procrastinating over that decision for so long. And thanks to you now," I looked at her again, and she was actually smiling, "I think I might just hang onto Camp for a little while once this is over."

I grinned. "You're welcome. Personally, I think your company's excellent."

"Damn right," she smirked. "Better than any god."

I looked at the evening sky fading into a deep purple, and stars shining through the dark. The view had always been better from Olympus. Nowadays you can't even see a single star in the mortal world.

But today seemed to be an exception.

"There's Orion," I pointed. "Artemis made him into a constellation."

She leaned on my shoulder slowly, as though she was expecting me to shout at her for doing so, and I could smell her rose and sandalwood shampoo. She wrapped her arm around mine, "I know," she whispered. "Chiron's favorite story yet."

"Do you think she'll be fine?" I squeaked, scared. "Artemis?"

She squeezed my arm, stopped leaning on my shoulder, and looked at me.

"No," a voice sounded behind us before she could open her mouth.

I turned around. 

Hermes stood, panting, his caduceus glowing. "We can't find her- Apollo, she's turned to dust."

____________________________________

I should probably clear some stuff up. So either the gods remain their Greek versions and lose their Roman form, or they become Roman and lose their Greek version. In this matter, Artemis and Apollo are going to be an exception. 

Apollo maintains both Greek and Roman form, while Artemis loses both (hence turning to dust). 

Also, I'll be using the Greek version names for the gods regardless of what version they are in. 

On a happier note, 1.5K reads!