JASON GRACE

"Finally," the voice said. 

I looked up from the ground. The man had dark hair. His dark gaze seemed to pierce my heart and read all my darkest secrets.

"W-who are you?" I asked, immediately reaching into my pocket for my sword. 

"Oh, come on!" the man said, his smooth voice laced with anger. "You were always such a slow turtle. Took you time to form, time to live- and you still want to get the prize?"

I blinked. "What the hell are you talking about?" I was getting more and more fearful of this guy. He was handsome, but his personality seemed trash. "I don't-"

"BLAH, BLAH, BLAH," the guy rolled his eyes. "You talk too much nonsense for a silver tongued patient god."

I reached into my pocket again, only to find my coin missing. "What have you done with my sword?" I glared at him.

"You don't have a sword, idiot!" the man said. "What did we always discuss? I handle the war and you handle the talk. But you've gone against it."

"Dude, make more sense or I swear to the gods that I'll just leave," I said, crawling backwards. Yeah, I was still on the ground.

"Oh, so now you have memory loss?" the man said. 

My eyes went wide. Memory loss? Again? "No, no, no, no," I put my hand to my forehead. "Damn."

"Oh so really did lose your memory," the man said, frowning. "I thought that was just an act." He put down his offensive stance and just stared at me, tilting his head. "Seriously," he tutted.

"Sorry?" I frowned. "I can't really understand-"

The man rolled his eyes. He walked to me and helped me up. "Alright, let's start over," he said, pulling me. I gasped. The guy was incredibly strong. Those muscles weren't lying, indeed. "I'm Adrias, and I always run the show, and you always listen to me. I'm like the master of you..."

I looked at man with narrow eyes. "You know I'm not dumb, right?" I said. 

Adrias sighed. "Fine. We're mutual friends."

"Sure," I rolled my eyes.

"Fine," Adrias said again, "I'm the aggressive version of you."

"So I'm the master of you," I smirked.

"No, you're just me," Adrias said. "I'm the version of you that you haven't used in a while, and to be honest, I'm getting bored."

"So I have multiple personality disorder?" I asked. I didn't understand what the hell was going on. A part of me wanted to leave at once. Another part of me was curious. 

Adrias rolled his eyes for the hundredth time. "No, you dumb gorgon," he said. He pulled me by the arm and made me stand in front of him. He pointed straight. I looked up, and saw myself, in an orange Camp Half Blood shirt, blue jeans and old Reeboks. Next to me was Adrias. "Now, look into that mirror carefully." As he said those words, his fingers began to fade a tinge, passing through my head.

I gasped. My clothes were changing. My blue eyes were changing color. The Camp Shirt became a black tee and a black leather seemed to just fade into existence. The blue jeans became black. My hair seemed to grow out longer and became a dark brown. 

"No," I muttered. "It can't- you gave me Polyjuice with your hair!" 

"What were you thinking? I'm not magical," Adrias' voice spoke into my head. "I'm kinda like your intrusive thoughts. You're seeing your intrusive thoughts with a face right now, Alexander."

I blinked. "I think you got the wrong guy, Adrias," I smiled, relieved. I didn't want to be a part of this game. "I'm not Alexander. I'm Jason."

"Oh, yeah, right, I forget you got that damned amnesia," Adrias said. "Wait a minute-" And as I watched into the mirror, the black leather jacket became a coat, and the tee was a waistcoat below a formal baby blue shirt. Shining black shoes replaced the sport shoes. It looked like my hair was being pulled inside as the dark brown hair became a dirty blonde color and my eyes turned bright blue again. "Now we look more Alexander."

 "WE?" I asked. "Where the hell did 'we' come from, Adrias?"

"I AM A PART OF YOU, YOU-"

"Shut up," I said, closing my eyes. "Let me know why I'm here."

The darkness of my closed eyes faded into a red mist. It seemed too powerful to go near, but I was only a few feet away from it. And as I watched the mist seemed to clear in the center, and a woman stood, her red dress sparkling more than everything else around us. Her eyes seemed to change color every moment, and the red mist was reflected on those irises. 

"I'm here for her," two people said together, their voices unified. 

Even her fingers were flawless. Every red nail was perfect, almost sharp as knives, but not as long. Her palms seemed to belong to a literal hand model's. They were flawless and were glowing with red mist. Her red lips contrasted with her tan skin. Her dark hair flowed down to her hips like a river. And she finally looked away from the mist, meeting my eyes.

I was too dumbstruck to look away. Her eyes changed from dark brown to blue to an earthy green. They were too magical for me to realize what was going on. "Irene," I muttered. "Is that her?"

I didn't need to hear a yes. I just knew it. 

"I already have her," I thought to myself. No, that was one of the voices in my head.... no, they were thoughts... no, they- "Enough thinking about that. It's time to remember."

***

My head was hurting. I looked up at Tempest, only waking up. "What was that for?" I asked, annoyed.

Tempest neighed and without an answer he flew into the sky. 

I stood up and dusted my jeans, looking for the Burrow.

But... the Burrow wasn't anywhere near a shore.

I swallowed. Tempest left me alone on an island and flew away?

I looked around. Eight cottages. A cliff. Blue seas. The smell of salt. The fresh breeze against my skin. It was calming, but I was panicking.

Where the hell was I?

I looked at the cottages and stepped into the rightmost corner cottage.

It was dark. That was my first impression. I stood at the doorstep, wondering whether to go in or not. And then, I saw the faint glow. It was green. In the middle of the room, there was something glowing green- I couldn't make out what it was, and to be honest, I didn't wanna know.

I left and stood outside the second cottage, pushing open the door slowly. Here everything was dark too, except for the small yellow glow. I looked into the next cottage. Dark with a hint of red. 

I sighed. Realizing that the next cottage in the center were also going to be dark, I went to the last cottage on the other side. I pushed open the door. My eyes went wide. The place glowed white, too white that it almost seemed to glare into my eyes. I peered through the white light and saw a faint purple glow just as I shut the door. I made towards the second cottage, blinking and trying to get my eyes to normal. 

The second cottage opened into a brilliant white light as well, but as I closed the door, I saw something golden and orange blink through the light. Blinking, I left for the next door to only find a faint blue. 

Sighing I went to the center cottage and opened the door.

Neither was it dark nor was it too bright. It was just right, in Goldilocks' golden words.

The inside of the cottage smelled wonderful, like rose petals. The walls were stacked with books and orbs of every size that could fit into a palm. Medals and optical illusions were hung around on nails. In the center of the room, there was a mat made of straw laid out, and there was a piece of paper lying on it.

I picked it up and read it with shaking hands. "Find out who you are. Concentrate."