BONUS: THE DAY SHE BEGAN TO SEE

"SHOOT!"

The arrow flew through three heads.

"SHOOT!"

I twisted around and let it fly threw three more moving targets.

"FASTER! SHOOT!"

I turned to my right and the arrow pierced through two more targets.

"SHOOT!"

I raised an arrow, ready to let go, the target locked into my peripheral vision-

WHEE!

An arrow whizzed past my shoulder, leaving behind a trail of blood.

I cursed and let go of the arrow, missing my aim. My palm glued itself to the bleeding arm, and I fell to my knees.

"Alright, that's enough for today," Alexandra sighed. She walked into the forest clearing, her bow and quiver slung over shoulder. "Apollo, thanks for your help."

A young man, wearing golden flowing robes, probably only around twenty two or twenty three appeared from behind the bushes. "Anytime, sis," he told Alexandra. "Let me know if you need anything else."

"Just don't get into Zeus' naughty list," Alexandra smiled.

"Ah, that's hard," Apollo smirked. He turned to me. "Train well, kiddo. You've got potential."

"But not good enough ear skills," Alexandra tutted. "Gotta work on that-"

CRACK.

I turned away as a faint golden glow emitted through the clearing.

Someone important was coming.

When I looked back, a middle aged man, wearing a Hawaiian shirt and trousers was standing in front of me, smiling at Alexandra.

Alexandra smiled, "Dad! What a surprise!"

"Heard you weren't eating because of training," Poseidon said, smiling. He reached into his pockets and brought out a literal box of food. Men's pockets are always so spacious, I swear. "Rice and-"

"Don't make me your lab rat, Dad," Alexandra glared at her father. "I heard from Amphitrite that you've been doing a little experimentation on cooking and it's just getting worse by the day."

Poseidon at least had the shame to blush. "Come on, this time it'll be fine."

Alexandra bit her lip to stop smiling. "Okay, but if it's bad, I'll burn it and send it back to you."

"Deal," Poseidon smiled. I turned away as he disappeared into golden light, and now in his place stood a woman with dark hair and gray eyes.

"It's time," Athena said. "Let us go."

"That's it?" I asked. "No, 'how was the training session? Did you hurt yourself?'"

Athena raised an eyebrow, "I didn't think you'd want to waste time on that."

I rolled my eyes. "It's not a waste of time. It's bonding."

Athena looked at me with narrow eyes.

"She's not wrong, you know," Alexandra said. "Least you could do." She placed an arm on my bleeding shoulder, and the pain subsided at once.

"Fine," Athena sighed. "How was the session?"

"Fun," I smiled. "But I kinda sucked at the end."

"Nope," Alexandra said. "I knew you wouldn't expect the arrow."

"You set me up to fail?" I asked, shocked.

"All war is a form of deception," Athena quoted, smiling.