PIPER McLEAN

"Thank the gods you're here!" Ariana yelled at Apollo. "We need to make a decision... as soon as possible."

"Yeah, heard so," Apollo said, shutting the door of his Maserati as he got out.

Ariana stopped. "How?"

"Uh... secret telecommunication system," Percy winked at me and I grinned back at him. 

"What?" Ariana asked, and then she shrugged. "Anyway, we've got very less time. Circe was just saying-"

"You give the potion by today or your deal is done," Circe interrupted. "There will be no immortals until I make a new potion, which will take me another ten years."

"Out of curiosity, why did you make this immortality potion in first place?" I asked.

"The goddess Alexandra asked me to make it," Circe shrugged. "I owed her a favor."

Ariana sneered. "Who doesn't owe her a favor?"

"Nyx," Apollo replied silently. "She owes no one favors."

"Wow, she seems tough."

"She is."

We walked into the Rec room, accompanied only by Frank and Hazel from the Roman side.

Ariana sat down on one end of the ping pong table, nodded at everyone and turned to Apollo. "Okay, let's get straight to business. Apollo, who do you think deserves the potion?"

Apollo's face flushed. "What?" he asked. "Why are you asking me?"

"Because you're the only one mortal enough to take the right decision and immortal enough to know the gods very well," Ariana said as a matter-of-factly. "I would recommend that you become immortal-"

"Don't count me in," Apollo put his hands up defensively. "I like where I am right now."

"Yeah, so tell us who deserves the power over all the gods," I said. 

"I'll be happy if it's a goddess," Circe said. "These male chauvinist pigs-"

"That's enough feminism input for the day, thanks, Circe," Ariana smiled. 

"You're welcome."

I turned back to Apollo. "What do you think?"

The god seemed to be thinking. His blue eyes were gazing fixedly on the ceiling. 

Percy sighed, "Apollo, are you okay?"

Apollo shrugged and looked back at us. "Well," he said, "if I were to be honest, not many of them deserve it."

"We already knew that," Percy said. 

"I think you should decide, Ariana," Apollo said. "You know the gods best as a full mortal. You've treated them, you can reason well and you always make good decisions. You should decide on this one."

A moment of silence passed as everyone looked at Apollo, shocked. A major god giving up a major decision making opportunity? Wow.

"He's not wrong," Percy said shortly. "Ariana led all of the Capture the Flags. She was the perfect Athena kid, according to Annabeth."

Ariana rolled her eyes. "Please, she never met Theseus Young."

Percy smiled. 

"But you're the only perfect Athena kid alive right now," Chiron said. "We need you to make this decision, Ariana."

Ariana sighed and rubbed her forehead. "I'll take the job," she said. "But whatever decision I come to, you have to accept it. No questions asked as long as I give proper reasons. Agreed?"