ARIANA ADLER

"Okay, just listen to me," Tony said as we walked back to Grimmauld Place after lunch. "Slow down- okay."

"You're either joking, or making this stuff up for no reason," I said, smiling. "Which is, again, joking."

"I'm totally not," Tony said. 

"Nope, not believing that."

"Look, you know how you're having a dream, and in the dream you gotta pee?"

"Why is this-"

"Just, yes or no?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, and then you're like, 'Oh my god, there's no bathroom, what am I gonna do?' 'Oh! Someone's watching.' 'I'm gonna go in my pants.'"

I laughed. "Okay," I said. "Alright. I don't have those, but I do dream about monsters."

Tony blinked. "What?"

"Yeah, last night I saw a giant, a drakon and a Titan fight one an another," I said seriously. "Funnily enough, they were fighting on Tartarus. I didn't think that was possible."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that something is happening in the Underworld," I said, sighing. "And unfortunately, there's no Alexandra to save us this time."

"Oh, man," Tony said, "this was supposed to be a fun convo, not a depressing one."

"I'm not depressed," I said, "I'm just in total stress. And anguish."

"Yeah, you're depressed," Tony smiled. 

"Welcome to my world."

"I'll never the get the concept of your world."

"You don't have to," I said. "Just know that whatever happens, never accept the responsibility of holding up the sky. It pains. A lot. My hands still shake at the thought." 

"That's interesting... I wonder why, though... How'd you know the weight of the sky?" Tony said as I snaked my arm around his. 

I bit the inside of my cheek. "Oh... just..." I hadn't told Tony about half the things he had to know. Like about Luke's ship. Or me holding up the Earth for a month. "Long story, don't ask." 

Tony grinned. "Well, anyway, I was trying to make a point here. So everyone has those dreams, right?"

"Yeah."

"Apropos of that, last night, I dreamt, that we were getting engaged. So real. Like, there was a Harry Winston- a whole glass of champagne-"

"Right," I smiled, trying not to laugh. 

"Like, there was a whole celebration after it-"

"And you woke up and thought we were actually...."

"Getting engaged."

"Tony, you son of a gorgon," I said, smiling.

He grinned. "I don't know what a gorgon is," he said. He stepped in front of me and dropped to one knee. "But when I look into your eyes, I see my future- a house filled with love and a lifetime of happiness, and another tiny son of a son of a gorgon. Ariana Adler, will you the honor of becoming my wife?"

You don't actually realize how surprised you are or what to say until you finally see the person drop on one knee and ask you the question. My eyes just went XXL wide.

Tony raised an eyebrow at me, still grinning. 

"What the heck," I laughed. "Okay!"

He grinned even wider, and slipped the ring onto my left hand. It was beautiful, to say the least.