PERCY JACKSON

The girl had reached the cliff before I had.

"What's the use," I cursed, "of being a sea god's son if I can't even win a race against a normal human?"

I pulled the oars back once more. The beach was close- really close- I could perhaps just swim to the shore-

"HEY!" a voice screamed at me. "IT'S PERCY!"

How did they know my name?

I looked up to see the girl, waving her hands at me frantically. "PERCY!"

Her voice was familiar- sweet- a little bit like a melody- and very, very familiar- from Argo II.

"PIPER?!" my voice perked up, almost cracking. Here I was, twenty years old with a cracking voice. (My voice is fine now, Nico. You have no right to talk. Have you heard yourself?)

"PERCY!" Piper yelled back gleefully.

The boat crashed into the shore and I threw away the oars to the side. I jumped out and ran to the cliff's start, looking up at Piper, who was grinning at me from above.

"HEY!" Piper yelled.

"HI!" I yelled right back. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE?"

"I DON'T KNOW!" Piper screamed honestly. "WANNA JOIN ME?"

I contemplated on the decision for a moment, to be honest. I liked the shore better, but there was company up. "ALRIGHT!" I screamed at her.

A hiking rope fell down from the cliff. "GRAB ON!"

I tied the rope and around my waist and began to climb. 

"IT'S GREAT!" Piper said. "I've been waiting here for hours to meet someone."

"Hours?" I asked.

"Yeah, I've been asleep for a long while now."

"YOU- YOU'RE TELLING ME THIS IS NOT A DREAM?" I asked.

"Nope," Piper replied, popping the 'p'. "I've had dreams about rowing boats for quite some days now, and I finally got here. Apollo helped me."

Piper helped me up. "Apollo's here?" I asked.

"No," Piper said. "He was. He's awake now, so he's not here. You get here when you fall asleep- I discovered that quite recently."

"Yeah, no kidding, genius." I rolled my eyes. "I've been rowing boats too-"

"Yeah, Apollo told me that we're supposed to wait here for everyone."

"Everyone?" I frowned.

"Yeah-" Piper pointed to the other side. After the strait of water was another shore, and four people stood there. I couldn't make out their faces, but I could see them. "We have to wait here for them."

"But- why?" I asked.

"I don't know?" Piper said. "Seven people, a beach, eight cottages..."

And then the words struck my head like lightning. "Seven leaders shall answer the call..."

Piper's eyes went wide. "At the place where dragons slumber.."

"Oh my gods," I whispered. "It's us."

Piper didn't reply. Her eyes became glazed and she stared at the figures of the people who were yet to reach us.

"Who do you think they are?" she asked a moment later.

"I-I... I can't think of anyone," I replied truthfully. "I mean... I don't even know why Apollo's here..."