BONUS: THE DAY SHE FOUND A SIBLING

Chiron pointed me towards the board game tables.

Around fifty small square tables up to my knee's height were set up, and there were twice as many cushions lying around. Each table had a different board game. Monopoly? On table three. Uno? On table one. Chess? Find it on table sixteen. Othello? Table six. Cluedo? Table eight. Half of the tables were already full.

"Would you like to play a game of snake and ladders?" Chiron asked me.

"Yeah!" I exclaimed, running to table five.

I sat down on the small cushion. Chiron kneeled down and sat. I didn't know horses could sit.

"Your turn first," Chiron said, smiling.

I rolled the dice, landing on one. "I'm in already!"

"So, Ariana," Chiron started slowly, rolling his dice, "who told you about Camp Half Blood?"

"Aster did," I told Chiron.

"Did your father ever mention anything to you about your mother?"

I scowled. "No."

Chiron paused for a short time, moving his coin slowly. "Who's there at home with you?"

"I don't have a home," I snapped back.

"Why not?" Chiron asked.

My breath stopped. "I-I- I ran away."

Chiron looked at me with pity. He cleared his throat. "Oh dear, I'm going down." He moved his coin from 27 to 4.

I laughed.

"Do you have any hobbies?" Chiron asked.

"I can draw," I answered.

"Draw what?"

I shrugged. "Anything. My da- father thought I was mad because I started to draw 'weapons'. He sent me to a school for gifted after that."

Chiron nodded. "Anything else about you I should know?"

"I stole three hundred pounds from my sister. I want to send it back to her," I said after a short pause.

"Who's your sister?"

"Cecilia Adler," I answered.

"Why isn't she here?" Chiron asked patiently.

"Because- because," I blinked away the tears, "she's not an illegitimate child."

"A what?"

"My parents were not married," I said, sniffing.

"So?" Chiron asked, confused.

"Illegitimate children are bad at studies, they always get scolded at-"

"No," Chiron interrupted me sternly. "No, Ariana. Not at all." He stood up from the table. His eyes were glowing fiercely. "Look around you," he said. "This temple-- it was built by children only a bit older than you. This marble was carved by my students. And all of their parents weren't married. This place is ruled by children whose parents are not married."

I was in shock. My stomach twisted into a knot as I continued to listen to Chiron.

"And if your sister thinks that you are incapable of living in this world," Chiron continued, "you will prove her wrong and become extremely capable of living in this same world. Your sister was wrong, Ariana. Glory awaits you here, along with freedom and justice. This is your new home, and I promise you that no one- no one will ever utter those words to you ever again."

I got up from my cushion and hugged Chiron's strong legs. Yeah, that's how small I was back then. "Thank you," I whispered, tears of joy flowing from my eyes.