PERCY JACKSON

The sea parted way as the shore came closer.

I shifted from swimming to walking as the image of Camp Half Blood came closer and closer.

The children at the camp stopped playing volleyball and stared at the waves breaking away into a path as I reached the edges of Cabin Three.

The ball floated to my feet, and I grinned at it, remembering the days that Will, Clarisse and of course, Annabeth and I had played volleyball against Thalia and a couple of her hunter friends.

I took the ball in my hand and looked up. None of the kids were standing at the shore now.

They were all running away from me, screaming, "Ambush!"

I scratched my head. "What?"

I shook my head and walked into Camp boldly, my body still dry.

Just as I stepped into the Hill, thirteen arrows flew at me, all aimed to my head.

My eyes went wide, and Riptide appeared in my hands instinctively.

As though I'd done it a hundred times in a single day, I sliced down the arrow down the middle as it flew towards me.

Then the second brushed past me as I cut down the third arrow and ducked the fourth.

The sixth, seventh and eight arrows bounced off my sword as I spun it wildly.

The kids were staring at me in shock as the last arrows fell to the ground one by one, broken.

Heck, even I was surprised.

Seriously, if I'd been in that same situation two years ago, I'd have been dead meat. (I'm not thanking you for the training, Alex!)

"Okay, wait," I warned as the kids started to take aim once more. "I'm not an enemy." I put my hands up defensively. "Just put the arrows down and we can have a nice chat."

The kids glared at me.

"Where's Chiron?" I asked, trying to have a nice chat, actually.

"He's on his way," a voice said.

I looked at her. She had blonde hair, blue eyes and the whole look of an Apollo kid. "Great," I smiled at her. "In the meanwhile, maybe we could get ourselves acquainted?"

***

"And then all the cannons exploded right at her!"

There was a roar of laughter from the children as I told them the grand event I had experienced on the Fourth of July during my last year at Camp.

"Oh, tell us about what happened next?" the Apollo girl, Clara asked me.

I nodded, grinning, "And then Chiron went full on party mode after his thirteenth beer-"

A cough sounded and the kids cleared away, all holding back their laughter.

There at the clearing, stood tall and trying not to roll his eyes, my best Latin teacher ever.

"You haven't aged a day!" I exclaimed.

"And you still seem seventeen," Chiron said calmly.

"Well, I'm still on mission," I said, standing up. "I'm here to inform and plan something with you."

"What is it about?"

I smiled, "It's about the doom of the universe that Tartarus is bringing with him."

***

"You're telling me Eris wasn't the problem?" Mr. D asked, frowning.

"No," I told him. "It was Tartarus all along. He's been planning revenge for his wife ever since who knows when, I'm guessing."