PERCY JACKSON

"Hermione," I called, "Hermione!"

"What?"

"What are you doing?" I asked. "You've been bent over that book for hours now."

"Well why don't you come here and get a look by yourself?" Hermione snapped.

"I'm too lazy to get up," I said. 

Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Yeah," Ron agreed, "what are you looking at?"

"I've been trying to find out a bit about who might make a hobby of inventing Dark spells--"

"Oh, not that again!"

"Her name was Eileen Prince. Prince."

"So you're looking through school records?" I asked.

"Yeah," Hermione said. "I'm looking through the people who won potions awards."

"Awesome," I nodded. "Jason, you get any news about Nico?"

Ron frowned. "Nico?"

"Nico's a friend," I said, nodding. "From Ilvermorny."

"It's an odd name," Hermione said, "but familiar."

"Meh," I said, "maybe heard me and Jason talk about him."

"I haven't heard anything from him, no," Jason said. "Last I heard, he was still on his way to the studio."

"Right."

 The sun was now a ruby-red glare along the horizon. "I'm sure Will would have," I remarked. 

"Yeah," Jason said irritably. 

"What's gotten your wand into a knot?" Hermione asked impatiently. "Past few weeks- I've been noticing you, Jason."

"Nothing."

"Nothing? Is that why you don't participate in all conversation? Is that why you're always angry-"

"Hermione, please don't test my patience," Jason said, itching the SPQR brand on his arm. "I said I'm fine. End of discussion."

 He massaged his neck and leaned back into his chair. 

I shot him a look. What happened?

I'm not sure, Jason seemed to answer. 

But he certainly knew something that was not good. That I was certain about. 

The portrait door swung open.

"What does Dumbledore want?" Hermione said at once. "Harry, are you okay?" she added anxiously.

"I'm fine," said Harry shortly, racing past us. He dashed up the stairs and into his dormitory, then he sped back down the stairs and into the common room, skidding to a halt where Ron and Hermione sat, looking stunned.

"I haven't got much time," Harry panted, "Dumbledore thinks I'm getting my Invisibility Cloak. Listen, I was just walking past the seventh floor corridor and I met Trelawney... she was trying to get into the Room of Requirement-"

"What for?"

"She was hiding sherry bottles- and she screamed suddenly- she told me that she got in alright, but then somebody was already in there."

Hermione's gasping fest started.

"She said that she heard a voice, somebody was whooping."

"Whooping?" Jason asked, extremely interested.

"Gleefully, that too," Harry nodded. "She told me she called out for the person inside, but everything went pitch black and the next thing she knew, she was being hurled headfirst out of the Room."