. Chapter Four : Realization .

- Laizard -

Laizard held her head in between her paws as she saw Aspen come into the picture.

Why must there be more?

"Aspen! Don't sneak up on me like that..." Volare pouted, readjusting his hat after the Plant Epic Wubbox hugged him roughly.

Laizard rolled her eyes with a low groan as she turned her head to face away from the wubboxes, her tail ticking impatiently.

"Sorry! I couldn't hold in my excitement when I saw you." Aspen snickered awkwardly. "And who's this?"

Laizard went absolutely stiff as she knew that Aspen was referring to her. Her pupils constricted as her muscles grew a bit tense. She didn't turn around to look at the Wubboxes, but she could sense their eyes on her.

"Oh, uhm, this is Laizard." Volare spoke. "I found them while they were unconscious on the West coast of the island."

"Oh, was it hurt?" Aspen asked.

"Uhmm..." Volare trailed off as Laizard slowly turned to glare at him. "...Only a few sore ankles and, uhm, damaged wings. She'll be fine by the end of the month."

Unfortunately.

Laizard added internally.

I don't want to be here any longer, surrounded by these dangerous robots.

"Oh, well that's good! Are you guys friends?" Aspen sat down beside her brother as he made a chit-chat with him, and Laizard felt like she was forced into the conversation.

"Well, we're more along the lines of, uhm, strangers. Maybe acquaintances?" Volare responded.

Yeah right.

"Hm, alrighty. Are you guys waiting for food? Is that why you're here at the bakeries?"

Volare nodded.

"Parlsona is either making or just grabbing the food."

Laizard notices how often Volare exchanges nervous glances at the Kraigon, as it threw her off many times. Each time he glanced at her, she tried curling her upper lip to bare her fangs threateningly, so he stopped looking at her, which seemed to work.

As Laizard sat across from the Wubboxes, lost in her own mind as they had their conversation, Parlsona came back to the table with donuts and ice cream.

"I'm back!" She announced and placed the pastries at the center of the table. She then sat next to Laizard and reached for a donut.

Laizard watched as Volare quickly yoinked the ice cream all for himself and Aspen shot her younger brother a glare.

"Hey! You better be sharing that!" Aspen told Volare.

"Come and get it then!" Volare retorted as he stuck out his tongue at Aspen while hogging all of the ice cream.

"Sorry, Aspen! If I knew you were coming beforehand, I'd grab some more ice cream for you, too." Parlsona laughed nervously.

Aspen stood up and easily towered over her shorter brother and moved his wings out of the way so she could rob her share of the ice cream from him.

"Heyyyy!" Volare tried to protest but decided not to engage too much. It's not like Aspen took all of the ice cream.

Laizard could only watch the two Wubboxes bantering with spite brewing up in her system. It only reminded her of her own family before everything went to shit with Remnac.

"Y'alright, Laizi?" Parlsona's voice could be heard over Laizard's vengeful thoughts as she placed her hand on the Kraigon's shoulder.

Laizard flinched from the sudden touch, but she quickly nodded to reassure Parlsona's concerns. She turned to look at the two Wubboxes across from her and noticed Aspen whispering something to Volare while giving her some nervous glances; that's how she knew that it was probably about her. As she saw Volare shake his head at Aspen, it made Laizard even more frustrated. What were they assuming about her?!