. Chapter Seven : An Escape .

- Volare -

"What!?" Laizard shrieked, as she started to struggle in Volare's grasp for a third time.

Volare tried to keep Laizard still, but he didn't expect her to turn around to bite his arm, which he quickly pulled his arm away before the Kraigon's teeth went anywhere near the metal. Laizard forced herself out of Volare's grip as she bared her fangs at the Epic Wubbox. Volare took a fearful step back.

"Laizard! You said that whatever that thing was, it's here to kill you! I don't want you to be anywhere near here if there's some type of assassin after you!" Volare insisted, his tone actually grew stern, and the volume of his voice went a little loud.

"I-It's not an assassin!" Laizard spat, her long claws dug into the substrate.

"Then why is it here to kill you?"

"It's a long story, okay?!"

Parlsona paused the two's argument as she placed her hand on Volare's arm.

"You're taking her there right now?"

"What? No! She's literally bleeding out as we speak, let's take her to the infirmary at least to bandage her up before we flee to Water Island." Volare said bluntly.

"Water Island? Are you stupid? I can't swim underwater!" Laizard protested.

"No! No! Don't you know? Water Island isn't just underwater, it has a terrestrial side of the island too with pretty beaches." Volare said quickly. "I've been there before whenever I go to see my brother, Eldoris. I just hope he's there to help us, maybe..."

"You have more brothers?" Laizard asked with a hostile tone.

"Well, yes. There's seven of-"

"Seven?!"

"Yes... seven... is that an issue?"

Volare noticed Laizard growling beneath her breath. He grew a bit nervous, but still tried to make Laizard feel at ease.

"Trust me, Laizard. You have little to worry about."

Wait. What am I saying? Of course, there's so much to worry about right now.

"Well... at least when you're with us." He added.

Laizard still looked pretty angry, but it seems like she's calmed down a bit.

"I agree with Volare. Maybe we should go to Water Island for a bit." Parlsona commented. "After you're bandaged up of course."

Volare looked from Parlsona back to Laizard, who seemed to be conflicting with herself.

"Fine." She caved finally, which made Volare sigh with relief.

Then, Volare and Parlsona both carried Laizard to the infirmary, where they laid her down on a large hospital bed and Volare started treating the Kraigon's wounds while Parlsona treated her own wound in the corner of the room.

"I... to be honest, I am not an expert healer, so try to let me know if I mess up." Volare admitted sheepishly.

The Epic Wubbox applied some yarrow onto Laizard's deeper injuries, while he placed some golden rod on her more minor wounds.

Laizard winced with pain, and Volare almost thought he did something wrong, but then he remembered that it's normal for the injuries to sting a bit as soon as herbs are applied to the fleshy wound.

"I know it hurts! But you'll be better soon." Volare tried to calm down the panicking Kraigon, which only slightly worked. He placed his hand on Laizard's head, and gently stroked her furry hair so she could relax.