. Chapter Eight : A Promise .

- Laizard -

Laizard watched Volare trotting off to go hug what seems to be another Wubbox. This Wubbox was humongous. He had the look of a submarine. Weirdest part of it all, he had four eyes. And no, he wasn't wearing glasses, he actually had four eyes. This Wubbox was the walking definition of 'eyes at the back of my head'.

A skeptical scowl formed on her face. She saw the Wubboxes having a small conversation and then Volare led them both back to Laizard as she made a small murrrrrr noise of hostility.

"Okay, here they are. This is Laizard." Volare told the other Wubbox as he pointed at the injured Kraigon.

Laizard formed an unhappy expression as she tried to be as hidden as possible from the Wubboxes.

"Erm, Laizard, this is Eldoris! My brother that I've told you about. Laizard, Eldoris. Eldoris, Laizard." Volare introduced Laizard to his brother, Eldoris. Laizard kept her unhappy gaze.

"Hello, Laizard." Eldoris tried waving at Laizard, but her hostile demeanor threw him off a bit. "Oh."

Don't let them get to you, Laizard. You can't trust anyone.

She told herself quietly in her mind.

"Yeesh, I'm sorry about her, El... she's- yeah, I sort of forgot to tell you about their behavior towards other monsters." Volare apologized shyly to his brother.

"I see." Eldoris replied simply. "I'm sure they'll come around. Won't ya, dear?" He looked at Laizard.

Being called 'dear' caught Laizard off guard as she had mixed reactions of offense, confusion, and flattery. She didn't know how to respond, if she even wanted to, so she just stayed silent.

She caught Volare snickering at her reaction, and she quickly bat at the Epic Air Wubbox.

"Yow!" Volare squeaked dramatically, as if he was pretending to be hurt.

"You two must get alone swell." Eldoris chuckled.

Yeah right.

"Well, I'm not so sure about that! We're still sort of acquaintances. Unless Laizard secretly hates my guts, hah." Volare chuckled awkwardly, as his folded wings twitched a bit.

Oddly enough, Volare's comment about Laizard 'hating his guts' actually hurt her emotionally, a disappointed expression grew visible on her face.

Volare notices this and frowns.

"Or maybe she doesn't...?" He corrected himself slowly.

"Anyways, so, explain to me. What happened back in Air Island?" Eldoris asked, politely sitting down crisscross as he waited for either Volare or Laizard to explain their situation.

Laizard turned her head away, leaving Volare to spill the beans all by himself.

"Well, it all started when I found Laizard unconscious at the border of the island. We took her in to heal her; we as in me, Parlsona, and Stoowarb who was there at the time. And just when she started getting better, she was attacked by something huge, so we had to flee here to hopefully get Laizard away from their potential 'assassin'." Volare explained with a bit of a shaky voice.

Remnac...

The name now haunts her, as she shivered a little bit.

"Oh my..." Eldoris sounded taken aback, as his smile dropped to a frown. "Are they alright?"

"Slowly but surely. Me and Parlsona quickly took her to the infirmary so we could treat her wounds immediately. Luckily, they should be fine. Hopefully I wasn't that awful of a healer."