. Chapter Twelve : No More Fooling Around .

- Bolt -

Finally, after hours of traveling, the group had finally gotten to Plant Island just when it started getting dark out again. Bolt chuckled when Beta collapsed to his knees the moment he stepped foot onto the grass of the island.

"Oh please, Beta, you've walked farther distances." Bolt taunted his brother.

"I was already t1red fr0m walking all the way fr0m Ethereal Island to Water Isla^d!" Beta retorted, elbowing Bolt on the leg.

"Yeah, that's true." Bolt turned behind him, where Volare and Laizard were slowly following behind. He narrowed his eyes at the sleeping Kraigon, who was peacefully curled up in Volare's arms. "We better get them to Aspen."

Volare nodded in agreement.

Beside Bolt, Eldoris was taking heavy breaths with his hand over the cut on his waist. The Wubbox formed a concerned look toward Eldoris.

"You're sure you shouldn't have just stayed back at Water Island to recover, El?" Bolt asked.

Eldoris looked up at Bolt and sighed.

"I should have." He responded honestly with remorse in his tone. "My core is starting to ache from the pain."

Bolt sighed. He then felt a welcoming presence nearby, seemingly watching over them, as he attempted to bring his hopes back up.

"...Let's hope Aspen has a bright idea what to do about that." Bolt said with a shaky voice. "Uhm, it seems all of you are pretty exhausted, so I'll go look for her. Everyone, stay here."

The Wubbox then started wandering around Plant Island while the rest of the group takes a quick rest after that long journey. Bolt walked over to one of Aspen's favorite spots on the island, which was a large oak tree. But Aspen was unfortunately not there tonight.

Bolt explored the entire island for what felt like hours, only to find Aspen at the very border of the island that divides Plant Island and Cold Island. Aspen was talking with Holly, the Cold Epic Wubbox, which was a surprise, considering Holly was known to be shy and distant.

Oh, for the love of Galvana, of course she's all the way over here.

Bolt walked over and greeted the two.

"Hey, guys."

Aspen whipped her head around at Bolt's sudden presence behind her.

"Bolt!" Aspen exclaimed with excitement. "What're you doing here?"

Holly sheepishly waved at Bolt.

"Uhm, we need you, Aspen. It's kind of medically urgent." Bolt told his younger sister.

"Oh? What is it?"

"I'll tell you along the way."

"A'right. You coming, Holly?" Aspen waved in Holly's direction, signaling for him to follow.

"Oh! Uhm, sure!" Holly said quickly as he started following after Bolt and Aspen.

"So, what's happened, Bolt?" Aspen asked while the three of them started returning back to Beta, Eldoris, Volare, and Laizard.

"An attack."

"What?!" Aspen nearly shrieked, which caused Holly to flinch behind them.

"Yeeeah, Eldoris and, uhm, uh... what's their face? Oh, Laizard! They're both kinda hurt. Actually, I don't think 'kinda' is the appropriate word. They're both pretty hurt."

"What!" Aspen exclaimed again. "How bad is it?"

"Laizard has a few deep scratches, but Eldoris has a critical cut on his waist."