. Chapter Five : Late Night Encounter .

- Volare -

Volare notices how often Aspen has been talking to him about who Laizard was and what her deal is. He seemed a bit concerned for the Kraigon's aggressive behavior towards Volare, and Volare just wish he knew the answer to that.

"Like, do you two have a personal issue that is yet to be resolved?" Aspen asked.

"No! We literally just met yesterday." Volare pointed out.

"Ohhh! right. Hmm..."

"Why are we even discussing this? It's none of our business on what Laizard is going through."

"So what? Are we just gonna sit here and let them suffer from whatever issues they' dealing with?" Aspen's shoulders rose a bit from irritation.

"Well, no... but Aspen, you don't get it. She won't even let me or you near her. Even Bolt told me the same thing."

Aspen heard this and tilted her head.

"Is there something wrong with us specifically that they don't like?" He asked.

Volare shrugged.

"Well, a lot of monsters are scared of us, Aspen. This shouldn't be a surprising case."

"Really? Not a lot of monsters are scared of us!" Aspen commented.

Volare paused.

They're all scared of me.

"Oh. My bad." Volare responded dryly.

"Hey, cheer up, Volare! If you really want to get close to Laizard, then maybe approach them with caution, get them to trust you so they can open up." Aspen advised to Volare, lowering her shoulders back down as he relaxed again.

"Who said I wanted to do that?"

"Why not? Maybe Laizard has a soft side inside their defensive shell." Aspen grinned. "Besides, you need friends. And maybe she does too, you never know."

Volare then thought about it. Maybe finding a friend in Laizard wouldn't be too terrible. What if she's a good person on the inside and is just hurting? What if Volare could make her happy?

"I suppose I could try." Volare said finally.

He saw his sister give him a smile as Aspen looked up at the sky, which was now shifting to a navy-blue color.

"It's getting late. I'd best get back to Cold Island before it gets too dark out." Aspen told Volare.

Volare tilted his head.

"Cold Island?"

"Holly needed me for something."

"Ohh."

"Yeah, I'll see you later hopefully!"

"Okay. Bye, Aspen."

"Cya, Volare!"

Volare watched as his older sister walked her way to Cold Island, which was West of Air Island. The Epic Wubbox yawned as he grew a bit tired. He started making his way toward an open space of the island, where he could possibly go rest on a cloud like he usually does, but he came to a pause when he spotted a familiar purple winged monster, Laizard.

The Kraigon was sitting independently near a dry pond, looking a bit gloomy. Volare looked around, as no other monsters were nearby that could possibly cheer Laizard up instead, so he decided to step up. He cautiously approached the Kraigon, who was curled in a ball of fluff, and he kneeled down to her level.

"Hey?" He said in a low voice.

Laizard's ears immediately perked as she whipped her head around and saw Volare. Her muzzle wrinkled as her pupils constricted into slits.