. Chapter Ten : Safety Put On Delay .

- Eldoris -

Eldoris wandered around the tropical beaches, looking for large enough seashells for what he is trying to make for Volare and that friend of his, Laizard. He was in the process of making some bracelets for the two, because why not? He was bored and felt like being creative.

Something felt odd, though. Eldoris could feel like there are eyes on him. Even with his four eyes looking in all directions, he couldn't find a potential stalker anywhere. So, what gives? What could be watching him?

"Okay, Volare, if you're tryna scare me, it's not gonna work, y'know." Eldoris chuckled, believing his brother was just trying to pull a prank on him. "I have eyes on the back of my head, literally."

There was no response, however. This made Eldoris feel a bit more on edge.

Why am I feeling so watched??

Eldoris tried not to mind it too much, as he noticed a large seashell nearby a mango tree and went to go pick it up. When suddenly, he saw a giant figure lunge at him and didn't give him enough time to react until the Epic Water Wubbox was knocked onto the sand.

"Ow! Hey! What gives?" Eldoris yelped. He quickly got up and shook some sand off of his metal body.

He saw the figure that attacked him was behind him now, as he quickly turned around and blocked the creature's second attack. That's when he got a good look at the aggressive monster. The beast was huge, maybe about thirteen feet tall; that's just as tall as an average Wubbox! This caught Eldoris off-guard a bit, as he grew a bit worried of who he might be messing with. He's still taller than the monster by a few feet, but it felt so chilling to see a monster that isn't a Wubbox that big. Even Laizard made Eldoris a little nervous from how huge it was compared to Volare when he first met her.

The monster had indigo fur, a slim tail, and two curved horns facing upward. This monster had a similar resemblance to Laizard, was this perhaps a rare counterpart to Laizard's species?

Eldoris didn't have enough time to think, as the monster quickly lunged back at him. This time, he couldn't block the attack, and stumbled back a bit. The monster rammed its two horns into Eldoris, it actually caused a dent on his chest, concerningly close to his core. Eldoris let out a yelp and had no other option than to defend himself.

The indigo monster flew toward Eldoris' head, which caught the Epic Water Wubbox off-guard, and he was thrown to the ground again. Then, the creature dug its claws into Eldoris' shoulder; its claws were actually sharp enough to just barely pierce into the metal. Eldoris yelled from the pain and tried to use as much force as possible to punch the monster off of him. The aggressive monster jumped off of the Wubbox out of pain from getting clocked in the shoulder.

"What's your problem?!" Eldoris spat, slowly picking himself up.

The creature didn't respond however, and it repeatedly swung at Eldoris, leaving some scratches on him.

"Get away from me!" Eldoris yelped again, trying to push the creature away, but it wouldn't budge, and it managed to get a deep scratch on Eldoris' waist. Eldoris shouted with agony and became a little weak from the severe impact.

The monster continued slicing at Eldoris mercilessly, until it was suddenly thrown off of the Epic Water Wubbox with a startled yell.

Eldoris looked up from being pinned on the ground again and saw Laizard pulling back the aggressive monster by the scruff, then she pinned it to the sand with her claws digging into its back.

Ow... What the! Where did she come from!?

Eldoris was stunned for a moment, then he stood up weakly with his hand over his waist where the monster sliced a chunk of metal off.