. Chapter Eleven : I'm Here For You .

- Volare -

It's been a few hours since Laizard and the Wubboxes have departed from Water Island after the second attack of Remnac. The group was now halfway through with their traveling, as they've gotten back to Air Island, and then they've turned South to get to Plant Island.

During this journey, it was Volare's responsibility to carry Laizard throughout the whole thing, for she had been too wounded to travel a long distance. Poor thing. Volare truly felt bad for his friend.

While the Wubboxes were making their way across Air Island, Volare noticed Eldoris walking beside him, glancing at Laizard, who was now fast asleep in Volare's arms.

"How is she?" Eldoris asked.

"I'm not sure. But she seems to be recovering?" Volare forced a smile, being only half truthful. "She's asleep right now, which could be a good sign that she could be relaxed."

"Well, that's good. That thing, er, Remnac, was very fierce; I can understand how traumatized she must be, 'cause I sure am, eugh." Eldoris' body shivered a little bit.

"Yeah, I can tell. How are your dents?"

"It feels like one big, bad cramp. Might take a few days to fully heal. And this scratch? Yeah, I'm gonna need a whole new torso for that." Eldoris sighed, pointing to his waist, which had a nasty, deep cut into the metal.

"Yikes! How did that happen?!" Volare yelped.

"Honestly, Volare, I hardly remember much from that whole fiasco." Eldoris shook his head, crossing his arms as they walked. "Except for when I witnessed Laizard gouge the guy's eye off. That moment will be stained in my memory!"

"Yuck! Don't remind me. There was so much blood, I almost threw up the lunch I ate earlier!" Volare nearly gagged as a brief image of Remnac's face being all bloody with a mangled eye flashed in his head. "At least it might serve as a reminder for that Kraigon to never come back."

Eldoris nodded in agreement.

The two brothers continued having a mini conversation when Beta's stuttering voice could be heard ahead.

"I-Ie\/, ElD0r1$! <a^ \/0v <0^^e 0ver I-IeRe, rEaL &v1<k??"

"What?" Eldoris blinked.

Beta grumbled with annoyance, and tried to repeat what he said clearer.

"Ca^ y0u c0^^e 0ver here, rEaL qv1ck?"

"Ohh, alright."

Eldoris waved at Volare before he walked ahead to go join their older brother with whatever he needed.

Volare huffed from the irritation he could feel starting to boil up in his gears.

Great. Can't ever spend time with the only brother who actually cares about me when the others are here, always needing him for something!

The Epic Air Wubbox then took a deep breath. Now was not the time to get mad over something so little. Besides, he's got somebody to look after right now.

Now it's just Volare and Laizard in the backseat of the journey. Laizard was still napping in Volare's arms, but eventually, the Kraigon did wake up. Volare's attention was now fixed onto her when he saw her eyelids blinking, freshly awake.

"Laiz? You awake?"

Laizard made that typical groaning sound you would make when you've just gotten out of bed.

"...Hrrmf?" Laizard's flax yellow eyes then were now almost fully open when she looked up at Volare who was carrying her. "Are we almost there?"

"Hmm, I'd say we're more than halfway there." Volare replied with a reassuring grin towards the purple monster he was holding.