. Chapter Nineteen : It's Alright Now .

- Laizard -

Powerwalking through the dry forest, Laizard huffed and puffed almost every step she took. She had been reliving the fresh memory of Remnac's death, the more she thought about it, the more it haunted her. It was such a gruesome sight, and she wished to get rid of it from her mind. At least he's dead though. Laizard is finally free from the torture. Not only that, but she had avenged her child, Zosa. Now she feels at peace, almost.

She is now worried about Volare, who, as Dominion says, has gone missing. She hopes he hasn't gotten himself into trouble in her absence, and she hopes to Galvana that he wasn't too hurt! If he was hurt, she probably would never forgive herself if it was that bad.

"Volare? Volare! Where are you!" Laizard called out for her close friend, with her paws raised up the sides of her maw to make her shouting more direct in the air. Laizard suddenly hears a rustle behind her. She turns quickly, instinctively thinking it was Volare and calls out his name again. "Volare?"

But the bush and trees that were rustling were far too small for even the shortest Wubbox to hide from, so Laizard knew it wasn't him. Instead, it was just a Rare Furcorn. Laizard frowns and continues searching for Volare.

"Volare!!" She kept calling out for him, yet no response, at least not from Volare. Laizard notices Tawkerr far ahead however, healing poor injured Stoowarb. Her eyes widened and she approaches the two Werdos.

"Tawkerr? Stoowarb?"

Tawkerr seemed surprised to hear Laizard's voice, as his head immediately turned to her while he finished wrapping up Stoowarb's forearm.

"Laizard! Where on Earth did you go? I set you down for a second and then you just disappeared! And how the hell do you look so unscatched all of a sudden?" He spat.

Laizard stares at the gray Werdo with utter confusion.

"What?"

"I was- I was just trying to save you from that battle, and when I put you down, run back to fetch Stoowarb, come back and you were gone! And now here you are, looking brand new."

"Uhh... I wish I knew what happened, Tawkerr, but I was passed out almost the whole time. And I saw Galvana which was wild."

"Galvana? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The last celestial to be seen was half a century ago." Tawkerr laughed, as if Laizard's encounter with the lead celestial was the funniest thing he'd ever heard.

"Yeah, maybe it was just a dream." Laizard shrugged, not having the energy to argue.

"Laizard! You're okay!" Stoowarb then rushes to Laizard, cupping her giant, fluffy face in his fuzzy hands. "But how?"

Laizard shrugged in response.

"...Have you two seen Volare?" She asks.

"I actually saw him limp somewhere over there," Tawkerr says, pointing to a direction that seemed to lead to a group of trees formed like a tunnel. "I shoulda said something, but I didn't because I was busy healing Stoowarb and his recklessness. But why do you ask?"

"...Volare is hurt??" Laizard's eyes widened a bit when Tawkerr mentions how Volare was limping.

"Okay, don't panic, but he did look a little beat up, so, yes?"

Laizard has a sudden spike of anxiety stab her in the chest as she gallops around Tawkerr and Stoowarb and runs down the tunnel of trees where Tawkerr says he last saw Volare.

"Laizard?!" Stoowarb and Tawkerr's voices both echo in the distance as Laizard sprints away.

Shit, shit, shit, shit! I knew he was gonna be hurt! Dammit, Laizard!