. Chapter Seventeen : You're Safe .

- Laizard -

Everything was pitch black for Laizard. She couldn't feel anything in her body, only her heartbeat, which was not looking too good anyway. She could hardly breathe. She was losing so much blood, she might as well just let it go right now, but she didn't want to. The fear of death was really starting to overwhelm her, no matter how much she desired it in times like this because of the sheer pain. She was afraid with the thought of what could happen to the Wubboxes or anyone else at Remnac's mercy if she were to pass away right now.

Finally, she managed to move her eyelids, as she opened her eyes and noticed that she was somewhere completely different. She swore she had faintly heard Tawkerr's voice earlier while she was unconscious, but where was he now? Where's Remnac? Where's Volare?!

Laizard tries to pick herself up, but she couldn't. Her body was far too weak to move. She's lost a lot of blood that the overall circulation was starting to fidget and overwhelm.

No, Laizard, you have to get up. If you don't, something bad could happen if Remnac continues to be a threat. He could hurt A lot of monsters! Get up, you absolute pushover!

Laizard argued with herself internally as she still struggles to lift herself up. After wasting the rest of her energy, Laizard just collapses back onto the ground and just waits either for her last heartbeat or perhaps maybe she'll be rescued in time. She tries to keep her hopes up, as she knows that Volare is probably tearing through the burnt, dead forest right now to find her. She knows how much the Epic Air Wubbox cares for her, so surely, he'd be on his way the second he'd notice her absence, right?

Suddenly, she hears a pained yell in the distance. Her eyes snap wide open as she looks up, but nothing was there. But seeing where it came from didn't matter, because she immediately recognized the voice of who was yelling.

Volare!! Is he fighting Remnac? That stupid robot is gonna get himself dismantled!!

Laizard throws herself up, but she seems to have pulled a nerve and immediately falls back down. She felt her chest starting to feel as if there was an anvil sitting on it, and her eyelids grew weak.

She seemed to have passed out again, but when she woke up, she felt better? Suddenly, most of the sharp pain seemed to have evaporated, and she could breathe. If anything, she felt stronger than her average self. She swore she couldn't see this well in the night as before. Utterly confused, Laizard opens her eyes and immediately saw what looked to be a staff infront of her. Looking up, she sees a steel-blue monster with orange hair and eyes, and two short horns on the sides of their head. Nothing seemed to ring a bell until Laizard saw the monster's arms and saw that their gauntlets had similar markings to Bolt... oh my goodness.

"...Galvana?" Laizard's voice rasped. "Is that you?"

"Yes, it is I." The celestial spoke. "Are you alright, young one?"

Laizard's jaw nearly dropped. Is she actually speaking to a celestial right now? An ancient monster? This is insane. Is she dead? Is she delusional?

"...How?" Laizard's voice rasped. "Wait- where is Tawkerr? Wasn't he with me?"

"As much as I would love to answer all of the questions spiraling through your head right now, you don't have a lot of time." Galvana says.

"What? Am I gonna die?!" Laizard yelps when she heard Galvana say "you dont have a lot of time" to her, misinterpreting the celestial's words to sounding like she doesn't have a lot of time yet to live.

"Oh, of course not, child! I've healed you. You've not to worry." Galvana gives the Kraigon a comforting smile and a pat on the head to put her at some ease.

"...Healed me?" Laizard muttered.

"Yes. No thanks are necessary, hehe!"

"I..." Laizard then suddenly remembers Remnac's rampage and Volare's distant cry, as she suddenly panics. "Oh my dragons, I need to-"

"I can already see what you're thinking. Not to worry, I can deal with that Remn-"

"No, I insist! I'm sorry, Galvana, but I need to..." Laizard trails off. "...As much as I would love your help, I feel it my, erm, destiny?"

Laizard silently cringed at her use of the word 'destiny'.

"Hm..." Galvana pondered for a moment. "Are you... certain? I hope for you to not get injured like that again."

"I'm more certain than a Squishling ready to dive into a pool of blossoms!"

It took the celestial a moment to think about it, but they eventually nod firmly.

"I see. Then please, keep safe and have your revenge. If something goes wrong, just note that I will not be too far away." They say before disappearing into the trees. When Laizard ran after them and shook the dead branches out of the way, Galvana was no longer in sight.

Ominous. How did Galvana know that I wanted to get my revenge on Remnac? Yet again, it's a celestial... they have crazy powers, I would assume.

Laizard then hears a loud roar from Remnac in the distance, as the rage inside of her continues to return. She didn't hesitate to take off into the trees. Despite how much adrenaline they had, Laizard could still faintly feel the soreness in their body from when Remnac nearly killed her. But if that were gonna be the case again, if Remnac does succeed in killing her, then she's taking Remnac down with her.