. Chapter Six : Attacked .

- Laizard -

The next morning, Laizard wakes up in her bed inside the Air Island's castle walls. She sits up and takes a huge stretch, her paws reaching for the ceiling as her maw opens with a mighty yawn. She slowly rolls out of bed, her ears making a few jingles from her jewelry while doing so. She stepped outside of her room, and out of the castle. She noticed a few monsters give her a few glances, probably because they've never seen something like her before; it bothered her a little bit, but not too much to decide to cause a scene.

She noticed Parlsona in the distance, talking with a Tweedle, a Rare Tweedle, and a Quibble. She decided to join the five with their conversation and stood beside Parlsona.

"Oh! Laizard! Good morning!" Parlsona grinned.

Laizard grinned back toward Parlsona and the other monsters as well, who also gave her kind looks.

"We were just talking about our favorite hobbies to do in our free time!" Parlsona told Laizard. "This Quibble here likes to doodle; I can tell they're good artists."

The two purple and green swans had a proud look on their faces, as their tiny wings fluttered a bit from excitement.

Laizard chuckled lightly.

That's funny. I like to draw too.

She thought silently.

"We like to whistle!" The Rare Tweedle said as it elbowed the other Tweedle with their wing.

"Yeah, we do! But Greeblez sometimes can get too carried away and start singing at the top of their lungs." Said the Tweedle as it shot a glare at their rare variant.

"Oh, come on, Amelia! I'm not that loud!" Protested Greeblez the Rare Tweedle.

"Eh, you kind of are!" The Tweedle, also known as Amelia, snickered.

"At least you two aren't as loud as we all know who." Commented the Quibble.

"Oh yeah, totally!" Greeblez agreed.

Laizard watched the monsters bantered. She knew they were referring to Volare when they said 'we all know who'. She remembered when Volare said to her that he sometimes can't control his volume, and she's heard it herself with how loud he can get. But she couldn't help but feel bad for the Epic Wubbox, because she understood how it feels to be made fun of in your absence. But then again, Laizard still didn't trust Volare, so at the same time, she didn't let herself care as much to defend him.

"So Laizard, do you have any hobbies?" Parlsona turned to face the Kraigon with a curious expression.

Laizard looked up at the Werdo and thought silently.

"Uhm, yes, I do! I like to sketch and, uh, sing, I guess." Laizard chuckled awkwardly.

"Oh, very nice! You and Quibble have something in common when it comes to arts and crafts!"

Laizard glanced at the Quibble, who gave her a shy smile.

A few minutes later into the conversation, Laizard heard large wingbeats behind her as she turned and saw Volare landing from the sky. The two accidentally made eye contact and Laizard had to give the Epic Wubbox an aggressive look so he'd stop looking at her.

"Laizard? What's the matter- oh, Volare is awake!" Parlsona inquired as she looked in Laizard's direction, noticing Volare as well.

Volare heard Parlsona talking about him and he turned his head again toward the group that Laizard was involved in. The Epic Wubbox tilted his head, then he looked away again and started walking off independently.