. Epilogue .

- Laizard -

...It has now been a few years since Remnac has been completely erased from my life. And I have never been happier to be rid of all those years of his harrassment. I am now resting gleefully back at Wyvern Island, where I am frequently visited by Volare and his brothers. Volare visits me more frequently, however. Not complaining though, as we have been currently seeing each other at the moment, and it seems pretty promising so far if you ask me! I am also considering Eldoris a tiny bit, as being around him makes my heart flutter just as much as being with Volare does. He's just as sweet. But I should probably ask Volare if he's fine with me making this an open relationship...

Not only that, but I've also come around more! I've been interacting with other monsters more often, and I've gotten myself a good reputation again. Now with Remnac gone, Wyvern Island is now at peace once again and the monsters have grown less aggressive and territorial. It really made me realize how much Remnac had impacted the entire island. I really felt like a hero for a bit...

I wake up one morning in my home inside of a large tree that is located at the very center of the island, and I walk outside to absorb that pleasant morning sunshine into my fur. My feathered wings shining like they were made of amethysts. I then walk back inside to awaken my beloved cub, Suri.

"Rise and shine, little one!" I cooed, nudging the tiny Kraigon from their nest.

Yes, I have gradually moved on from Zosa's tragic death and I had another child all by myself! Their name is Suri, and they are less than a year old. Oh, but that's not all, I've also adopted a few baby monsters throughout the years: Quake, a T-rox, and a Periscorp named Skitter. They are the cutest things to ever come to the world and I am glad to have them. They really keep m on my feet.

However, I am still incredibly gloomy about Zosa not being able to be here to meet their younger siblings...

Safe to say though, that I am more than grateful with how life has been treating me for the past couple of years. The feeling of not having to worry about Remnac anymore feels odd yet so satisfying at the same time.

While I am resting on a tree, watching my little ones play below me, I feel a presence beside me. Turning, I see Galvana, who had a soft grin on their face.

"I am proud of you." She says, resting her staff above her knees as she sits next to me on the branch. "You are a strong monster, just remember that."

I smile as my long ears lower in appreciation of those words.

"...Thank you." I respond shyly. "Also say hi to Volare for me."

"Hm, or you could say hi to him right now." Galvana chuckles before disappearing.

Confused, I look around, until I heard wingbeats. That sneaky robot tried to surprise me when I least suspected a visit from him so early in the morning! I remain sitting on the large branch that I lazed from, waiting for Volare. Soon enough, the Epic Air Wubbox arrives and tries jumping on the branch beside me, failing a couple of times, but he manages.

"Hey, Laizard!! Didn't expect me so early, did ya?" He squeaked with a playful grin.

"Nope, I didn't! You surprised me there." I chuckled quietly.

"Hey, guess what..."

"What?"

Volare takes a deep breath.

"I actually got to participate in Air Island's song today! Stoowarb and Parlsona finally let me!" He says gleefully.

"Really? That's awesome! Have the monsters gotten used to your 'loud vocals'?" I teased playfully.

"It seems so! Even though it took them a very long time. Oh well."

"Pssh, rookie numbers. I got used to ya in a week!" I retorted, nudging Volare's shoulder.

"Yeah, surprisingly!" Volare laughs sheepishly.

While we continued to have a casual conversation, I yawned. Volare seemed to notice.

"Still tired?" Volare asks with a tilted head.

"Yeah, a little." I reply.

"Well, feel free to take a nap! I can look after your kiddos for you."

"That'd be nice of you." I smile softly at Volare, giving him a headpat.

I am now put more at ease, as I continue to watch my little ones play with each other and Volare. Quake was playfully nibbling at Suri's tail, while Skitter was digging a tiny hole in the ground. I lay back on the branch I was sitting on, staring at the sky through the mystical, purple leaves. Slowly, my eyelids grew heavy, as I doze off into a peaceful nap, leaving Volare in charge to look after those little rascals.

My body twitches a little bit, trying to get into a good position, then I form a comfortable sleeping pose, and dwell off from there.

As I fall asleep, I have a faint dream of my friends and family, all living happily on one island together. As I have this dream, I could only hope that this dream would become a reality one day. Maybe, just maybe... it's a possibility.

The End.