. Chapter Sixteen : Comin' Clutch .

- Volare -

Volare continued to take a few flying laps around the island, taking some stuff out of his mind. He was a bit worried for leaving Laizard like that but knowing that she could probably look after herself and with Dominion hopefully watching her, it made Volare feel a bit more relaxed. But that relief didn't last long when he heard a couple of squeals from where he left from. He immediately recognized the voice.

Shit...

Volare did an immediate 180-degree turn, quickly flying back for Laizard. He lands roughly on the hard surface of Earth Island and sees Laizard on the ground, motionless, with that indigo Rare Kraigon towering over her limp body. Remnac notices Volare and snarls at him.

"Stay where you are!" Remnac barked. "Or she will die!"

Volare stopped in his tracks almost immediately with a look of horror. So, Laizard is still alive? From as far as Volare could see, she looked pretty dead... but Volare didn't want to take any chances and hesitantly listens to Remnac's demands. But knowing Remnac, even if Volare did listen to him, it might as well kill Laizard anyway. That seemed to be his entire motivation so far, was it not?

Where is Dominion? He should've been watching her! Did he leave? That prick!

Volare tried to hold in his fear and rage, but he couldn't. He flew right into Remnac and tried to hold him down, away from Laizard's helpless body. Tears started to flood in his goggles as he screamed:

"You bastard!"

He claws at Remnac's muzzle with his metalic claws and shoves the Rare Kraigon's face into the ground even more. Remnac yowls with pain and tries kicking Volare off of him, but Volare was so furious, he didn't budge.

"You are an absolute psychopath to be stalking Laizard for possibly months, killing their child, and all because of what? A territorial dispute?? That's quite petty, don't ya think?" Volare spat as he keeps Remnac down to the ground.

Remnac snarls and bucks the Epic Air Wubbox off of him. Volare hit the ground with Remnac's powerful paws holding his head down. He jabbed at the Rare Kraigon's sides with his wings, but Remnac only used his own wings to hold down Volare's.

Volare began to struggle, and he began to lose consciousness as Remnac's paws started to apply more pressure to his head against the steaming hot surface of the island. As his vision started to blur and fade to black, he saw Laizard's body continue to lie limp, covered in blood still flooding out of her gushing wounds from possibly Remnac's merciless attacks. He felt horrible seeing her like that. He'd be quite surprised if she were still holding on to life like this, and hoped to Galvana that she was still alive, of course! Volare had never felt so angry other than when the monsters at Air Island would make fun of him for who he was. He hated Remnac for hurting Laizard, because he loved her and just wanted to keep her safe from her heartless and evil rare counterpart!

Suddenly, Remnac's body weight was pulled off of Volare. His vision began to slowly return, and he saw Dominion restraining the Rare Kraigon. The Epic Earth Wubbox's hand turned into a drill as he held it up to Remnac's neck, very close to his most vulnerable artery.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Dominion growled, starting to crush Remnac in his hold.

Volare was unable to speak for a bit as all he could do was lay there and watch his brother handle this.

Remnac roared out of agony and tried to bite his way out of Dominion's grasp, but he didn't budge. Remnac then elbowed Dominion on his chest, throwing himself out of his grip. The Epic Earth Wubbox grunted with pain and nearly fell backward. He then charged at Remnac, attempting to stab him with his drill, but Remnac's agility was outmatched, and he continued to evade Dominion.

Volare then saw Tawkerr rush over to him, holding his large head in his fuzzy gray hands.

"Volare!" The Werdo exclaimed. "Are you okay?"

Volare gulped and ignored Tawkerr's question as he mutters,

"Tawkerr, go help Laizard... She will die! Please!"

A bit confused, Tawkerr looks around for Laizard and notices her pretty fast.

"No, Volare! They're a lost cause. We got to go!"

"I don't care! SAVE HER."

"A-Alright! Alright! Fine! Just stay alive, okay?" Tawkerr groans before approaching Laizard's motionless body and fleeing the fight.

Eventually, Dominion finally caught Remnac and sliced his shoulder. Remnac roared and smacked Dominion with his claws, nearly hitting his eyes. Due to the sudden hit to the face, Dominion was stunned for a moment, giving Remnac the advantage to continue clawing the Epic Earth Wubbox. Remnac even managed to dig his claws through the rusty metal, which caused excruciating pain to Dominion as he let out agonizing shouts.

Volare was starting to grow worried for his brother's health as he tried to get up but failed most of the time. He then started to see oil dripping out of Dominion's wounds, which was very bad.

Remnac then shoved Dominion to the ground, only to lift him back up with his jaws and throw him around like a toy. Remnac pushed Dominion to a very large tree, and the impact was so forceful that Dominion's right arm started hanging by a circuit. Remnac now had Dominion to the ground with his claws holding him down by the neck.

Just hearing the pained roars from Dominion caused Volare's core to ache as he knew he had to act now. Even though he himself was in a lot of pain, mainly in the head, Volare slowly got up and threw himself onto Remnac, digging his metal claws into the Rare Kraigon's shoulders.

Startled from Volare's sudden return, Remnac threw himself around, trying to get Volare off of him, it works and Volare tumbles to the ground. He then held the Epic Air Wubbox's head down again.

Volare, being much weaker than before, started pathetically squirming under Remnac's grasp. He felt himself being torn apart by Remnac's claws and teeth. More tears flooded his goggles, to where he probably couldn't see through them by now, he was so scared that today may be his last day ever; scared that he wouldn't be able to protect Laizard or his brothers from this crazy beast that was so thirsty to be the cause of their suffering. He then felt his body start to grow lighter and bleed with oil the more wounds that Remnac opens with his talons.

Dominion seems to have gotten up by now, and harshly pulls Remnac off of Volare again, trying to impale him with his drill. But due to his other arm being practically ripped off by now, he couldn't exactly hold Remnac down and stab him at the same time anymore; and with Remnac's agility, he was being very hard to catch now.

Volare watches as his brother picked up quite a fight with the massive Rare Kraigon. But he couldn't watch for much longer, because he quickly fell unconscious soon enough from the amount of oil exiting his body.