Twenty One - If There Be Thorns

Don't forget to like to get updates, promos, announcement and prizes http://www.facebook.com/definitelymaybeeeee

                                                                KIM

                "Even if we could go back, we'd probably never end up back where we started."

The sun was at its summit now, static in its place among the floating fluffy clouds of the serene sky. It had been a great day so far, made especially more awesome by the fact that Jake had agreed on this set up.

Jake was laying on the mat on his stomach, his face turned toward me, watching me with interest while I was finishing up organizing and pulling the foods out of the basket. When I was done, I joined him on his state, staying as far from him as possible. It was weird how my feelings became a mish-mash mixture of wanting to be close to him and making sure he’d stay a distance away. I was lying on my side facing him, my left arm propped up, cradling my head. For a few moments, we lay there, looking at each other, with me trying not to melt from his stare.

"Hey," I said, pulling him out of his reverie.

"Sabi ko na sa'yo diba? You'd love it here. HEAVEN!" I said, tracing the shape of the clouds using my hand.

"Kahit san namang place as long as I'm with you, heaven yun. ” He smiled at me before letting his gaze fall back to the sky.

OH STOP IT YOUUU~

"HALA, ANG CORNY." I said, playfully hitting his shoulder. He was now laughing, pinching both of my cheeks. "Haha. Well, get used to it."

“You’re really different from before,” I said, lowering my head so that now my face is lying on my folded arm.

“Why? How was I before?” he asked, now also laying his head on his folded arm – a move copied from mine.

“The first time I met you, I thought you were this spoiled little brat… Alam mo yun, parang  you just came out from a movie tapos yung typical guy na mahangin kasi na sa sknya na yung lahat..” I began. "And then turns out, iba pala ako. You're a good guy, Jake."

Another reason why I don't deserve you.

He laughed some more. “I don't think so.”

"I've done a lot of things I am not proud of. I can be a jerk sometimes and I made girls cry because I used to think it's cool."

"Well...No one's perfect di ba?We make mistakes. We do stupid things kasi akala natin, it'll make us happy pero in the end, eto lang pala makakasira saten. And what's worse is that because of your selfishness, nakasakit ka ng iba..makakasakit ka pa ng iba." I glanced at the kids who were staring at us earlier; they were now gathered in a cirlce, trying to arrange their kites and laughing together. HOW CUTE IS THAT.

“Hey,” Jake said, slowly leaning sideways to drop his head on my shoulder. “Do you wanna know when I started liking you?...” His voice trailed off and then he paused for a moment. He placed his hand undermine and slid his fingers in the spaces in between, folding them over. “I started liking you when I first watched you turned this page of this certain book... the title, I can't remember anymore, ” he said, his voice soft, almost inaudible, pitiable in a way that it immediately reached my heart despite its low intensity

“And as you turned the pages of the book, I remember seeing you cry. And I had to fight the urge to run towards you and hold you. When you smiled, I couldn't help but smile too .It was the kind of smile that warms your soul, and I knew then I had to have you. " He drew a deep breath, and brought my hands to his heart.