Twenty Five - Moments in Time

a/n: https://www.facebook.com/definitelymaybeeeee

                                                             KARA

"When you first fall in love, it's supposed to be awful. Awful, uncertain, scary, wonderful, confusing, all at once. That's how you know it's real. You have to care deeply. Passionately. That hurts."

"Be soft, my dear Karina. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Parte naman yan ng buhay ang masaktan hindi ba? Masasaktan at masasaktan ka kahit anong iwas mo. Maybe there's something you're afraid to say, or someone you're afraid to love, or somewhere you're afraid to go. It's gonna hurt, my dear. It's gonna hurt because it matters. Are you willing to risk your heart again?"

Tita Jeanie's words smoldered me with this familiar yet foreign fear, the fear that my life would be led to a re-play of my past, to a deep heartache that would be hard to survive from if I continued to stay by his side.

That night, I did a lot of thinking, searching the corners of my heart and the core of my soul, ruminating on what was the right thing to do, which road at this junction of our lives would cause the less damage.

I realized that running away with him would not solve our problems. Running away from him was the less-detrimental option.

I was about to throw the pillow sideways when the door suddenly burst open, revealing a tired Kim from her duty. I put my phone on my desk.

"Hi!" Kim greeted just as she closed the door.

"Rough day?" I asked. Kim smiled.

"Guess not. You looked completely happy." I commented. She shook her head. "Hindi naman. Jake just took me out on a date." she said.

Kim rested for 5 minutes and then cleaned herself up. When she got back from the shower, I turned to her. "Kim," I began. "what if ano, there's this guy who broke your heart and parang he threw you away, tapos he's making his way to make bawi kaso natatakot ka sa pwedeng mangyari. Ano gagawin mo?"

"Was it Qen?" She asked.

I nodded.

"I know you're angry, but maybe he wants to make amends for what he's done."