Twenty Nine - Crossroad

(a/n: HI GUYS, PLEASE, PLEASE TAKE TIME TO LISTEN TO THE VIDEO POSTED IN THIS CHAPTER, PROMISE, SOBRANG SAKTO YUNG SONG FOR JAKE-HARLEM

                                                                      HARLEM

              "We need, in love, to practice only this: letting each other go. For holding on comes easily; we do not need to learn it."

I spent the entire hour with Tita Emily when I was inside the Araneta mansion. Syempre, ayoko naman isipin ni Kim na sumasali ako sa kanila. In fact, gusto ko na ngang umuwi but by the time na magpapaalam na ako,Tita Emily who was Vio's mom, came over and held my hand.

"Let's take a walk?" She asked with those beautiful eyes of hers. =)))) Tapos tumango ako.

"Alam mo, halatang-halata..." she said as she stopped and gazed at the flowers in the garden.

"Na ano po?"

"Na gusto mo si Jake." AY. MASYADO BANG HALATA =____=

"Tita..." panimula ko but then I found myself waiting for Tita's words. "Alam mo iha," She looked at me sadly, her other hand patting my back, "the worst thing about having a broken heart is that maybe you could have prevented it... could have stopped it. Pero ganyan talaga ang pag-ibig e. It comes when you least expect it at ang nakakatuwa pa nun, sa tao pang hindi mo inaasahan."

I opened my mouth to speak, but my throat didn't obey. My mouth slowly closed and I waited for the tears. "Come here.." Reaching out towards me finally, Tita Emily pulled me into her chest - into a warm hug. I felt her kiss the top of my head gently.

Closing my eyes tightly, I breathed into her chest as the tears continued to stream out. "You'll be fine, iha. You will. I promise. But you need to admit and let go first"

Minutes later, Tita Agnes, Kim and Jake had reappeared and walked back to us. "Ihahatid na daw ni Jake si Kim sa duty nya. Why don't you go with them?" And then Kim looked at me. "No,no,tita. I can just take a taxi..Mas---"

"I'm sorry,honey, pero mas priority ko ang safety mo."

"Tita.."

"Come on,come on." Tapos hinatid na kami papunta sa garage are where Jake's BMW was parked.

"Okay, then. I'll see you tomorrow." Tita Emily and Tita Agnes gave us a kiss on the cheek before we leave to get inside the car. The kids were already asleep tas yung mga Araneta flower boys (it's what they want me to call them ever since nagsimula yung Meteor Garden fever) waved at us.

"Ingat! Jake, dahan-dahan sa pagmamaneho ha=)" says Tita Agnes as she goes in for another hug.

"Nice to know you, Kim."

"Likewise,tita."

When Kim was already inside, I took a step backward and then spoke to Jake, "It's okay, I can take a taxi..." I said, not feeling comfortable with the idea of being in the same car with the lovebirds. Hindi naman ako masokista no.

Jake then looked straight at me. "I'll take you home," he said with finality that I was left with no choice but to take his offer.

The ride home was a little awkward, for me at least. I wished I had insisted on taking a taxi, so I didn't have to be around the two of them. I tried not to look frontward, so I'd avoid seeing what they might be doing that I wouldn't like seeing. For the most part, I kept my gaze outside, on the lights of the city, nf the reflections of the city lights on the Manila night sky, on the cars passing us,. But from time to time, I couldn't help but cast a glance in front of the car, and a couple of times my heart jumped seeing Jake's eyes on the rearview mirror looking at me and then to Kim's hand slowly taking Jaek's. I would then divert my gaze back to the sights outside the car, telling myself that seeing them together would probably help me to stop this craziness.