Twenty Three - Ever Enough

HARLEM

“Sometimes, you just feel everything and nothing all at once, sometimes you’ll find yourself smiling while missing something at the same time. At times, you’ll absolutely love a person, all the while wanting to hate them. I guess, that’s what love really is.”

“Tita, I don’t think I can go anymore.” Tita Agnes looked at me as if the world’s about to stop.

“IHA?! WHAT DID YOU SAY?!”

“I mean, Jake and I.”

“Oh,what’s with you and Jake?”

 =__________= Tita naman. Paulit-ulit?

“Tita, kasi Jake and I decided not to attend the party as each other’s date anymore.” She scrunched up her face at me to show her dissatisfaction and disapproval. She stands up and shakes her head. “NONSENSE, Harlem!” she bellowed.

“Pero tita, we’ll still be going naman…although this time, separate.. with different partners.”

“I have planned everything for you guys already. Yung damit nyo, Jesus. Tell me this isn’t real!”

“He’s dating someone.” I managed to say. “Ganyan rin naman dati, di ba? Even If you guys are already committed to someone else, wala naman kayong problema before, right? You guys always go together!” I bit my lip. Tita has always been the number one HarlemxJake shipper since the beginning kaya di ko rin sya masisi as to how she was taking all of these. K

Tita takes the seat across from me as she holds both of my hand. “Did something happen between you two? Nag-away ba kayo?” Hindi nga po kami nagpapansinan e. 

I shook my head. “Wala naman tita.”

Tita reeled from her seat, eyebrows rising up. “Oh, what's with that anyway? And sino yung dinedate nya?”

“Kim.” I replied, already feeling a hole burning in my chest. “Kimberly Suarez.”

Tita shakes her head once more. “Since when?”

“3 months ago.” Tita Agness crossed her arms, eyebrows drawn together. “KIM?! He never mentioned it… but then again, my son had always been like that.” She pauses for a second and then she squeezes my hand. “Is..that..okay..for..you?” She asked, her face twisted, most likely from regret. It’s funny how tita knew what’s inside my heart kahit na never akong nagconfide sa kanya about me being in-like with Jake. Or siguro, mother-instinct lang talaga. ARGHHH.

“Wala namang kaso yun e.” I said, which was a lie. OF COURSE. Geez, I am so pathetic.

“Iha..” tita Agnes worriedly said. “Tita, don’t worry. My date din naman ako e.”

I mentally slapped myself. This only means na u-oo ako sa proposal ni mommy which is to go on a BLIND DATE. Saklap. And she hasn’t said a single word kung sino yung lalaki. Basta ang alam ko lang, yung mama nung guy at si mommy e, high school friends and they sort of bumped into each other sa London. And then out of the blue, napagdesisyunan na lang nila na it’ll be a good idea if their children (us,in this case) could meet each other.

Suddenly, the door flung open, revealing Jake looking as though he had just come out of bed. Mukha pa ngang masama gising e. -___________-

“MOM. WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?!” I jumped in my seat, startled at his tone.