Three - The Rose and its Thorn

QEN

                “What ever made love such a necessity? It was only something for me to take advantage of.. something for me to exploit.”

“What the hell are you doing?” she asked angrily, pushing me off.

“I don’t know you.” She says once again, but her tone says otherwise. “I don’t even know why you’re fvcking here.”I swallowed the lump that had unnoticingly formed in my throat. For a second there, I thought she was going to revert back into the Karina that I used to know.

 It’s been,what? Three years?  “Look, if this is about—“

“About what?!” Karina’s cold gaze was something I had nurtured into existence. It's something that she only used on me, which makes sense since I had brought it out of her.  Umatras ako at napatahimik.

“Uh. Nothing.” She rolled her eyes and turned her back away from me just as fast as the word escaped from my mouth.

“Haharang-harang e! Kainis!”

I may have stayed in the States for five years  but I’m still fluent in Tagalog, at nakakaintindi pa rin ako so her last words sort of hurt.

Placing my elbow on the counter, I rested my chin into the palm of my hand as I continued to gaze at Vio with half a smile. His lips curled up and formed a smiled of his own, but I couldn’t quite figure out the reason for the smirk on his lips. “Nabara ka?

Sige, pamuka mo sa akin!

 “Yeah. Ganun ba katindi yung galit nya sa akin?” Vio ran a hand through his hair, rolling his eyes as if I asked an obvious question.

“Dude, you appeared as if you were his Prince Charming, you acted like you care, you made her feel things, and YOU LEFT without saying anything. Tapos tatanungin mo kung galit sya? Tanga ka kuya? ”

“Ouch.”

“Tanga mo kasi!” Vio chuckles to himself. “How have you been? Gag* ka talaga!”

“Of course, pogi pa rin. Magttwo years na rin with Kay/ Ikaw?”

“Ayos lang. The usual..”