Two - Strangers and Feelings

NIKKI HARLEM YU

                                         “I was scared. You made me feel things.”

The apartment’s whole first floor including the deck and backyard, was turned into a big party hall for my cousin. 

Kimberly Suarez is working on her lasagna and graham cake, as expected from the damsel in distress of the group. Kim used to be the silent type so how we became friends was utterly shocking, almost. I believe, however, that it was the last year of elementary when we finally acquainted ourselves with each other and called ourselves friends.

Karina Young-Chen Elizondo, on the other hand, was the fiercest and sharpest one in our group, and the prettiest one, too. She was the female version of Jake except she uses her nails and her long fingers instead of her fist. If there was a female person I never would go against, it would be my best friend. She exuded so much confidence as well, confidence that many mistook for arrogance. She was really smart, always in the top 3 of the school among our grade. . Just as her words were feisty, so was everything else about her, not to mention her so-called realistic view when it comes to the crazy little thing we called--- love.

Jake (Jacob Mikel) and Vio (Christian Alexander Vio) came from the influential family of Araneta, while Jake was our resident tough guy ,his cousin was always labeled as the Mr. Goody-two-shoes. Jake and Vio were our protector despite them being opposite. Our resident tough guy wasn’t the patient guy, and he went around using his heavy hand to deal with everything and although Vio was never one to pick a fight, he was also never one to back down in a fight. But that didn’t mean that they were the good for nothing guys, they were reliable, sweet, caring, thoughtful and lovable.

I came from a family of beauty queens. It was hard for me at first kasi andyan yung comparison and lahat ng galaw mo binabantayan. But as they always say, you’ll get used to it. I usually spend my time writing and blogging which Kar finds ‘hipster-ish’. I dunno if that’s even a word. Well, Kara is Kara.

And for my cousin-- don’t get me started! Qen is a notorious playboy. :D End. Just kidding! Let Kara do the introduction--- mas may thrill. :)

PS. don’t mind the excessive cussing ha?

Many things happened between the five of us. Embarrassing, joyful, sad, sickeningly adorable things. And there were just those really stupid times when our immaturities got the better of us. Even though many things have changed, there were still some things that stood the test of time; our friendships, our fun.

Jake was in charge of the grill, hence why almost all the meats were burnt. “Aissh! Gutom na ako! Di ko na kayaaaa.” he squealed like a little girl

“Eew. Bakit puro sunog?!”I commented, examining the meat.