Thirty One - Wonderwall

HARLEM

“If you love and get hurt, love more.If you love more and hurt more, love even more.If you love even more and get hurt even more, love some more until it hurts no more...” 

It’s one thing to be honest. So, I try to be as much as possible.

But the confession, I was supposed to bury it with me, keep it for as long as I can. Pero sabi nga nila, there’s only so much you can take. I needed to get it off my chest. Yung pain na dala ng unrequited love, yun pala yung pinakahirap itago sa lahat and lalong-lalo na sa sarili mo. God, spell kawawa.

Jake and I didn’t talk even after Vio,Kara and Qen arrived. From the looks of it, mukhang nagkaayos na yung dalawa. They seemed to be at ease and comfortable at each other’s presence. I smiled as the two of them sneak glances without the other one looking. Pakunwari effect pa tong dalawang to, e their feelings towards each other never faltered naman. SUS!STYLE. =)))))

I sighed. Kung hindi man masaya lovelife ko, at least my best friend is starting to get her a dose of her own happy ending with my cousin. That's enough for me.

“Lem, you’re not gonna eat here?” Vio asked me, sensing as to how uncomfortable I was with this whole set-up. Kim’s still on her duty. Jake’s here but we don’t talk at all. Para kaming nakasuot ng invisibility cloak. Matira matibay.

“No.” sabi ko, getting ready to leave.

“HOY!HOY!HOY!” Qen stopped me from leaving, taking my CLN bag and passing it to Kara.Okay. So magkakampi na nga 'tong dalawang 'to! AYOS =___=

“You’ll eat with us. Maaga pa o.” said Qen, pointing at the wall clock just so I could see how right he was.

“E, wag na nga kasi.”

“Really Lem?” Kara said, crossing her arms and nudging Jake with her elbow. 

“Aww! Kara! Ano ba----“

“Hindi mo ba pipilitin kumain?” For a moment, Jake and I looked at each other but neither of us spoke. If it wasn’t for Vio’s obvious I’m-helping-you-guys-by-faking-my-cough, we could have ended up just like that for a really long time. Unmoving. Awkward. 

“Teka, nag-away ba kayo?” sabi ni Kara, eyeing us. Wala talaga kaming takas sa hawk-like eyes nya. She notices everything, even the littlest details!

“Hindi a!” I pushed. “I mean, I’m eating breakfast with someone.” Vio looked at me, he’s more suspicious than surprised. “Someone? And who could be that someone aber?”

“Eh,yeah.” I lied through gritted teeth. Jesus. Why are my best friends such Tito Boy? XD XD Kulang na lang ilagay ako sa hot seat e. “Sino yun?”

“Basta.” I said, not wanting to push the issue any further. Mahirap na. Kara’s eyes doubled in size, and then she was rushing to my side within seconds.  Qen and Vio were looking at me like they couldn’t believe it.

“Kwento soon ha!” she slapped my butt and winked. OH GOD. A night with Qen surely do wonders. “Kara, why you!”

“Sige na. I’ll help you cover up.” Sabi nya.

“See you guys later.” I glanced at Jake; he was pretending to look at something on his plate. Maybe counting the rice grains? Naku. Kainis. Bahala sya.