Five - Late Night Talks

JAKE MIKEL ARANETA

                                              “Nothing worth having comes easy.”

She was new and a transfer student from some other place. Where she came from didn’t matter to me, what her name was didn’t matter to me, who she was didn’t matter to me. It was those eyes that only seemed to affect me.

Those were the very eyes that I still see in the dark at night sometimes when I’m still awake lying in bed with the sheets tangled around me.

Her voice was the second thing I noticed.

It was the way she said her words, with a deep non-caring feeling added at the ends, twisting around each syllable, that seemed to make the sentences she said strike me. It was the way she said her first words to me that really made all the difference.

I thought I could finally muster up enough courage (after 2 hrs of waiting) to speak to her as if nothing happened, but as I see her walking towards me at the hallway I can feel my courage gradually dissolve and nerves eventually taking over. Her smile shook my very being and I could feel my legs going weak. I only managed a hesitant smile yet instead she replied with the most brilliant smile I have ever seen.

“Hi!”

“How long have you been waiting?” she asks me.

“Uhm. Kararating ko lang.” Whoo, Jake. Palusot mo. >_<

“Are you sick? Kasi parang out of the blue, bigla ka na lang nagyayang ihatid ko. I mean, basta.” She says, fumbling with her words. Napapikit na lang ako, mentally slapping myself for being so stupid.

“Ha?” was my meek reply because I couldn’t think of anything else to say to her. Why couldn’t I say something else?

Tignan mo nga, tuloy Jake, kasi e! Na-cree-creepy-han sa'yo. T_____T B*bo, inutil, t@nga! Gag* (morbid ko naman) Joke lang. Haha.

“Does it bother you?” I said, scratching my head.

“Hindi naman.” She pauses momentarily before continuing “Masaya nga ako e.”

Whoaaaaaaa? MASAYAAAAA?!

MASAYA DAW SYA?!

WOOOOOH, LORD! SALAMAT!

Hoy, Jake. Umayos ka nga.

After a torturous 10 minutes to get to the car and another 25 minutes to get home, I now sat alone with Kim in the house.

Time check. 8:30 pm.

I decided to impress her and made some pasta while she set up the TV for another The Vampire Diaries marathon. Hay nako, women and their fascination with vampires. Kara and  Harlem they would freak out at the mere sight of Damon and Stefan. They can be violent and crazy---- so different from Kim’s composed and reserved reaction. -___-  I understand that these Salvatore brothers are hot but they’re fictional, alright.

Jake Mikel Araneta is the real thing. Rich, hot, handsome, streetsmart. #cockyJaky I know.

*starts dancing weirdly, see gif at the side*

“Wow. Jake,that smells great what did you make?” her voice echoed from the hallway while I was carefully pouring the olive oil over the pasta noodles.

“Carbonara.” I said.

After preparing the pasta, I put it above the table while I sat with Kim at the sofa.

 “Aww.” Kim said, her reaction clearly states how she much she wants the heroine to end up with that Damon guy. It was a scene where they first met and Kim was already on the brink of teas. I turned my head at the side, sa  may bandang pinto and suddenly images of Kara’s pissed reaction came up --- hysterical too, may I add.

“Aha! That’s why kahit anino nyo hindi ko mahagilap sa campus.”  Her sharp gaze was piercing right through me. I AM SO FCKEN DEAD. “You guys are doing something behind my back! PBB Teens?” Oh, Kars. You never fail to amaze me.

The witch is here. >_<

“Who told you to leave me alone with that douchebag?!!! ARGGGH!” She said, slapping, punching, and kicking me hard on the shin.

“Kars. Kalma!” Kim told Kars sternly.

“Kainis kayo!” She then plops down on the sofa, pouts, glares and gives me another deathly blow on the shoulders. “Ouch Karina Nycole Young- Elizondo!!!!”

Kara suddenly became quiet, and when I traced her line of sight, aww. Poots.

“Wow, Carbonara baby!”

Bending over, she wafted the smell of the pasta.

KARA. Para kay Kimberly yan e. T_____________T

She grabbed a fork and dug in without noticing anything to the world.

I guess her habits haven’t changed. For someone so skinny she eats like a starved refuge.

Kim and I exchanged glances.

Kinuha ni Kara yung plate and she went inside her room. Thank God. “I’m still not done with you guys---- pati sina Harlem and Vio. And where the hell is my brother? Aish. Wait nga.”

“That was for you.” I mouthed after Kars went inside her room. Kim just simply nods her head and pouts at me. Tapos nag-smile din sya. HANGCUTE.

“Next time talaga. Si Kars kasi e. Hehe.” I tell her once again, this time more than determined than ever.

Where the fck is Qen when I needed him? -.- Siya lang kasi yung makakapagtahimik kay Kars e.

“Puntahan ko muna si Kars, I’m sure kelangan nya ng may masasabihan about Qen.” Kim grinned and rubbed her palms together with a cute expression on her face.

“Yeah. You should take a rest too. ”

Hinatid ko sya sa may bandang harap ng pinto ng bedroom nila. I don’t know what came to me as I found myself drawing out a deep breath as I carefully entwined both my hands with both of Kim’s as we stood face to face. I looked straight into her eyes without flinching and smiled thoughtfully. I had long anticipated this day (mind you).  “Are you free this Friday?”

 “Yup.Around 8.”

“Nice. How about we watch a movie together?” Kim looked down and began fiddling with her fingers.

Two minutes, wala pa rin syang sagot. Trying to hide the hurt that I was feeling, I forced out a smile.

“Sige, uhm. Good night na.”

GAME OVER, JAKE.

Parang Oklahoma Thunder lang. -___- Kasi e, padalos-dalos lang!

I turned on my heel and was about to walk out of the door when a hand suddenly held my elbow and prevented me from leaving.

“Wala pa lang akong sagot, umaalis ka na.”

“Ha? Kasi, uhmm..”

“Yes.” Bigla nyang sinabi. @_@

Wait, what did she say?

“Anong sabi mo?”

“Yes!”

“As in, yes na yes?”

“Ayaw mo yata e!”

“Syempre,gusto!!!!” I said much too eagerly.“I mean… Nice!Basta ha, 9pm.”I explained, trying to sound rational despite the fact that I was caught up in a chaotic inner turmoil.

Suddenly, as if on cue to ruin the moment, Kara suddenly shouted out from  her room.

“Eww, Jacob Araneta! You’re styleeeee! SO BULOOOK!” She bellowed.

KARAAAAAAA. =______=