Eight: Wasted Words

QEN

“Sometimes I think that we waste our words and we waste our moments.. and we don’t take the time to say the things that are in our hearts when we have the chance.”

Our lunch sets arrive and we work on those (courtesy of Vio). We always eat one piece of sushi and save the rest for last. I watch Kara eat even she’s at the living room with his brother, a habit I picked up since our grade school days when we eat together. Occasionally she looks up and notices me staring, and just rolls her eyes before looking away. Her mouth moves in small movements as she nibbles her food. She eats like a rabbit but she holds her food like a fairy; fork in one hand, straight up, as if she's going to eat cotton candy. Hindi pa rin talaga sya nagbabago at may suot na naman syang headband. :D

“So how's your new girl?” my cousin asks, chewing her food slowly.  

I felt Kara’s eyes studying us curiously as we ate despite the distance, but I pretended I was not aware. I wondered what was going on in her mind right now. She was still eating her sushi, and it seemed like she had been thinking a lot with every bite he took.

“Si Sarah?”

“No, the other one.”

“Si Jessa? Camille?” she shook her head. “No. Ano ba yan! Such a manwhore. Yung ka-block ni Kars.”

Ouch, manwhore daw o. =_=

 “Oo dude! Yung lumapit sa'yo the other day?” paalala ni Jake. Teka, ang dami kayang lumalapit sa akin? How am I supposed to know kung sino yun?

“Si Jamie daw.” Kara casually says from the other side and we all turn our heads to look at her, mouth agape. She just rolls her eyes.And then, bam. She’s back to eating her favorite thing in the world---sushi.

“Ah,si Jamie.” I repeated after her, looking at her with unsure eyes.

“Naman!” sabay siko sa akin ni Vio.

“Oh God, wag si Jamie! Bitch kaya yun.” I wave my hand to dismiss the conversation as Harlem brushes her hair back and stabs at her rice.

“Wow, dad is that you?! And are you lecturing me?” I exclaimed, dropping my chopstick in the bento box.  “No, I'm just being a nosy woman. Can't I do that? Isn't that part of the criteria to be a woman?” she answers back. Wala talaga akong laban sa mga girls dito sa apartment.

“I told her it wasn't anything serious. She doesn't care. Ang pogi ko kasi! And why are you looking at me like that?!”

“Yabang. Bwiset. Hahaha!”

“You know me!” I told them.