Twenty Six - In A Heartbeat

PLAYLIST:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYWEAqHiEQA

https://www.facebook.com/definitelymaybeeeee

HARLEM

"Maybe in another universe, I deserve you."

It was 3 in the afternoon when Teddy and I decided to meet up for a late-lunch in Red Lantern restaurant which serves the best Japanese cuisine in the whole wide world. I mean, I couldn't possibly mope around in the house today while the others are out enjoying the rain, right?

"So, last choice mo ako ganun?" Teddy asked me, feigning a look of hurt as he stared at me. The funny thing is, Teddy got the looks, the money, the height... except that he acts way too girly for his own good and uh yeah, we have the same type: boys. So in short, Teddy is green-blooded. BADING. Not that it mattered tho. We still love him. Yun nga lang sayang kasi! Potential boyfriend pa naman dating nya.

"Eto naman, i-lilibre naman kita e."

"Alam mo namang madali akong kausap e." he said, picking up the menu from the table and started browsing the entrée choices. I did the same. The waiter came afterwards to get our order.

"So, that was how you're going to deal with your so-called unrequited love?" Tumango ako.

"I'll stand on the sidelines, keep quiet.."

"And you'll die a little bit more every day, watching?" Teddy continued for me, leaning in closer. His voice was barely perceptible, his words heart-wrenching nonetheless. Oh e di ako na talaga kawawa!I looked away because what he said was somewhat true---somehow in ways I could never imagine. That's the thing about Teddy, he'll tell you horrible truths, but he won't lie. That's why it's generally better not to ask him anything unless you know you can stand to hear the answer.

"But I still don't get it.. Why would he kiss you? WHY DID HE KISS YOU? Ano yun? Spur of the moment? Drunken moments? Nagandahan sya sa'yo? Well, if that's the case dapat sa tuwing nakikita nya ako, hinahalikan nya ako." I slapped Teddy's arm. "Shh! Ano ba! I entrusted you that secret, the least you could do is to keep your mouth shut at this place."

"Pero ang gulo nya, teh!hobby nya lang?"

"I guess that's just life. mini cooper comes. But almost all the time, mini cooper eventually goes. I just needed patience..." My voice trailed off into a mere mumble. "Lem, just because someone doesn't love you back the way you want them to doesn't mean you have to be hard on yourself. Di ganyan ang spirit,girl! Wag mong isuko ang bataan!" I kicked Teddy's shin under the table. Nakuha pang magbiro. -_-

"Shut up. Ano ka ba!"

"Alam mo, kung ganito lang mangyayari...I should've tag Ady along! Tapos magtatayo tayo ng club and we'll call it, "THE UNFORTUNATE ONES, VICTIMS OF UNREQUITED LOVE CLUB" and then mag-rerecruit tayo ng mga taong bigo sa pag-ib----"

"TEDDY,SHUT UPPPPP...."

"Ang kailangan nyo ngayon, good distraction!"

*kick*

"Seriously, Teddy." I glared at him all the more.

"Okay! Joke lang! Hahaha! Oh look, I think that's our order coming up!" Teddy took hold of her chopsticks as he watched the waiter approach our seat.

"Anyway, what's that again about the 'freaky stalker' you were telling me about back in the car?" Teddy asked as the waiter carefully placed our ordered food on our table. "As in kahit san ka magpunta, bigla na lang syang mag-popop out of nowhere?"