Twenty Eight - Once Upon A Kiss

a/n: likelike din pag may time! facebook.com/definitelymaybeeeee

                                                                          QEN

                             “If I kiss her all day every day for the rest of my life, it won’t be enough.”

I bent my head and Kara titled her own face up. We were now eye-to-eye, nose-to-nose, lips-to-lips, forehead to – you get the point. I nearly felt like I had drowned because I held in my breath. I scanned her shimmering eyes down to the crease above her top lip;  SHIT, QEN. JUST DO IT. I silently cheered myself as I moved my lips to close to hers

This is it…

Qen. GOAAAAAAAAL. For the first timeeeeee

until------

THWACK!

“Ouch!”

Kara and I moved away from each other, both stunned. There we saw an old lady with an umbrella (which she probably used when she hit me) both hands on her waist. She raised her eyebrows,“ SUSMARYOSEP. KAYA, MARAMING NABUBUNTIS NGAYON DAHIL INUUNA ANG LANDI. MAG-ARAL MUNA KAYO TSAKA NA ANG LABING-LABING NYO!”

ANO DAAAAAAAAW?

I shook my head and stared up at her. She seemed coherent the way she spoke, but just strangely friendly and downright weird even with that lecturing look on her face. She looked like my lola. DEAR GOD NO  :| :| :|

“Pero lola, we weren’t doing anything-----“  Ni hindi ko nga nahalikan e! Salamat sa inyo. -___-

“ABA, ABA! SUMASAGOT KA PANG BATA KA?” She said, aiming that umbrella on my head again. HALA. Ang loka-loka lang.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Kara’s eyes staring at me with displeased curiosity. I turned to her, still bewildered, motioning that I had no idea what the old lady was talking about.  WE WEREN’T CANOODLING. Then I looked back at the old lady. “T-totoo po…”

“IHO, KILALA KO YANG MGA TIPO MO..” the old lady informed, cutting me off. “ALAM KO NG MATAGAL KA NG NAGPIPIGIL, PERO JUSMIYO, NASA PARKE KAYO. AT ISA PA KAKATILA LANG NG ULAN. MAG-ARAL MUNA KAYO TAPOS MAGPAKASAL KAYO TSAKA KAYO MAGHALIKAN!”

“WHAT???”
“Whaaaaat?”

Kara and I asked at the same time, my WHAT version more like a shriek of surprise and her more like a prolonged one-word question draped with disbelief.

The old lady looked at Kara and said, “Ikaw naman iha, hinde porke mahal mo, ibibigay mo na lahat.” She pointed her umbrella at her. Grabe. Lola. Weren’t we embarrassed enough?

“Oh sige na, larga na at maglilinis pa kami dito.” The old lady said. “Tandaan nyo  mga sinabi ko ha? Aral muna bago landi.” Tapos she turned around.