Thirteen - Losing Grip

PS. Guys, check nyo yung EXTERNAL LINK SA RIGHT SIDE, (JUST BELOW THE INFO ABT THE STORY) IF YOU WANNA SEE QEN'S LOLA. :))))

PPS. This chapter is dedicated for the one and only starsandmudpies. She is truly an inspiration for me to do better when it comes to writing. :) And I just want to congratulate her for the launching of her book yesterday "A Hundred Reasons". Guys, you have to read it (Syempre, buy na rin.Lol).. It's seriously like one of the best books for me because it touches your heart talaga. Grabe. Idol. :))))))))))

                                                                            VIO

                       "I don’t know that love changes. People change. Circumstances change."

I’ve never seen Qen displaying such interest when it comes to picking up girls. So it was a surprise to me when he called me a while ago saying that he wanted to go to a bar. He was never the type of guy who’d be so desperate to pick girls, kasi sya lagi yung pinapaligiran. Whenever we go to a bar, parang mga palay yung mga babae tas si Qen yung rooster, ang gagawin nya na lang is to choose whoever he wants and them BOOM—ALAM NA! Heck, all Qen has to do is whistle and they’ll line up in ABC order. Ganun kaangas si Qen.

All around us, the whole club was buzzing. All the girls were ready to get their hands on Qen, and he seemed to like the attention he was getting.  “Did something happen between you two?” I asked, trying to squeeze something from him despite the noise in the bar.

“Alam ko namang mali ako e.” He says, his eyes regretful.

 “Ang gusto ko lang kasi bro, maintindihan nya kung ba't ako lumayo kahit hindi ko nasabe yung rason ko.

“Enrique~” panimula ko, preparing myself for a One More Chance-esque momet. “Ang hirap kasi ng hinihingi mo.”

“How is that fcking hard Christian Vio?!! PUTANG INA NAMAN!” My eyebrow suddenly rose, both of my hands trembling. “YOU DON’T HAVE ANY RIGHT TO BE MAD AT KARA! YOU BROKE HER HEART REMEMBER? Tarantado ka pala talaga e, 'noh?” I inhaled deeply and then continued talking. “How can  you expect her to understand you Qen kung hindi mo sinasabi sa kanya yung reason kung ba't ka umalis ng walang pasabi? Bro, we've always known Kara at hindi sya yung tipo ng babae na agad-agad bumibigay. At alam kong alam mo na pag sya nagbigay, ibubuhos nya yung lahat nya. I warned you before na pag sinaktan mo lang sya, wag mo na lang ituloy. Pero tang inaa, hindi ka lang gago pero matigas din ang ulo mo. Papaasahin mo tapos bigla mong iniwan. Ngayong binigyan ka nya ng chance to explain, may ginawa ka ba? Wala naman di ba.. kasi duwag ka! You're only making things worse by coming back here!” His jaw muscle twitched and he officially looked away from me. I’m not sure if this I’M-GONNA-COMFORT-YOU-BRO-AND-LEND-YOU-MY-EARS will evoke into a fight later.

 “So you should be the one to understand Kara 'coz she was the one who suffered a lot.” I said, trying to recall what happened 3 years ago that made Kara the way she is today.

When they got into an accident and her parents died, she didn’t tell us immediately because she didn’t want to spoil our vacation back then. Siya yung sumalo ng lahat ng pasakit. Broken, tainted, vulnerable, sick, depressed and yet Kara waited for Qen.  But the fcking jerk left for America. She waited, tried to contact him, searched for his address, araw-araw nagsusulat sya sa kanya hoping that he would response—pero she never received anything from him until her heart grew tired. It took years of therapy, and medication para mabuo ulit yung masayahing Kara, yung carefree. Somehow the therapies helped and improved her condition although she became quite stingy, cold and harsh----pero alam namin that deep inside she’s still grieving. Her cold demeanor was her coping mechanism.