Twenty Four - Too Close for Comfort

VIO

          "We all yearn for what we have lost. But sometimes, we forget what we have."

“Dude, wala namang ganyanan.” says Jonas, blocking my way. Napatingin tuloy ako sa kanya. Takte, ambading ng mga words nya.

“Walang iwanan, Captain!Isang week na lang o!”

They’ve been chasing me for days! Tapos dumagdag pa etong si Maghirang. Hindi ko alam kung ano plano nya or what she wanted from me. But hello, she was freaking everywhere. Ang creepy!

“Vio naman!  Ikaw na nga 'tong pag-asa naman.”

“Pwede ba, Jonas.” Inilayo ko yung mukha ni Jonas and I turned to my left tapos lumipat ako sa kabilang table.  And there she was again. -__- Nagtago pa, nakita ko na nga.

“PSSST!” I yelled, using my hands to tell her to come here. She looked at me, tapos sa likod, left and right. “Ikaw!” I yelled once again. Tinuro nya yung sarili nya. AY SLOW.

“Yes, you! Bingi ka?”  She frowned but she followed me anyway.

“Ilang araw mo na akong sinusundan ha. Did they hire you too?” I asked, pointing my finger at Jonas and Coach Fred at the farthest end.

“Eh kasi..” her voice doesn’t confirm or deny. “Ano kasi..” Her mouth keeps moving, and her eyes continue darting.  GIRLS -______-  “Hindi pero….”

“Don’t worry. Wala ka namang kinalaman sa pag-quit ko although medyo prinovoke mo.. Anyway,  since you’re feeling guilty…”  well I could use you. I almost say. “then maybe you could help me?”

“Eh?”

I grabbed her left wrist then dragged her inside an empty classroom. “Teka! Teka! A-anong gagawin mo?”

“Simple, you want me to ease your guilt feeling? Be my date.”  Tapos nanlaki mata nya. “Ha? Ngayon pa lang tayo nagkakilala. Pati excuse me, hindi pa kita napapatawad  ginawa mo sa project ko. So quits lang tayo.” And then, I burst out laughing. She gives me this weird look while she crosses her arms. 

Wala naman sigurong masama kung susubukan di ba? It was Jake's idea anyway. If  Kaye was having fun with her new boy toy, and so am I! She was the only girl I could ever think of, yung harmless. Yung alam kong hindi ko magugustuhan. Hindi lang yun, she was  loud, boyish and poor. I can throw her away easily after using her without being guilty. Babayaran ko naman sya e.

“Ano? Totoo naman a!”

“HAHAHHAHA. Sorry to burst your bubble, Miss Maghirang ha kaso hindi kita type e.” I regarded her with incredulity while she wrinkled her nose and gave me her deadliest glare.

“Ano, payag ka?”

Patingin-tingin lang sya paligid. She tapped her chin lightly, her heading bobbing as if she was in a deep thought. “I can pay you.” I offered. This is a once in a lifetime chance.

When she didn't respond nor look at me, I dropped the bomb. “Per hour, five thouand.” Then she stopped.

HA. I KNEW IT.