32

' My past?' A dry chuckle left Jungkook as he leaned back on his hands... 'Tae.... there is a phrase that perfectly describes my life... You know what it is?'

Taehyung frowned but shook his head

' Royally Fucked' Jungkook scoffed ' That's what my life is...I don't have much memories of my childhood.... Scratch that I don't even remember the face of my eomma and appa.... I could never bring myself to look at any of those portraits of the Great King Daewon and his Luna Hyein...who ruled Mirawik once...every time I think of them..I get drowned in a sea of guilt...'

' It's ok if you don't want to continue Koo-'.

' We will heal from the start Tae' Jungkook smiled ' I was one hell of a kid...and eomma was scared to let me go out alone... scared not of my safety but of the people of Mirawik...' Jungkook chuckled ' One day I sneaked out without anyone seeing me and ended up breaking all the pots of an ajumma who was selling it...I have a vague memory of appa trying to scold me and eomma hugging me close...We were a happy family...me..my hyungs...sana noona and Jihoon and Sehun... These two are actually my cousins from my mother's side and their parents died while they were small kids...and since then they are with us... '

Jungkook lied down on the grass ' It was a week before my fourth birthday...am not much sure about the details...but that was the time when we found out that I can control an element...or specifically the fire.... I was drawing..more like scribbling.. it was the time when Junghyun had finally agreed for the peace treaty and appa was elated...he wanted to renovate the temple...so I was scribbling something telling that it's going to be the new look of the temple.... I have a faint picture of Jin hyung teasing me about how it looked more like a ruined hut than a temple.. and somehow I ended up burning the papers on which I was drawing and was crying my eyes out hurt by the fact that Jin hyung teased me and my drawings burnt..'

Taehyung moved closer as he raked his fingers through the alpha's hair

' Appa and eomma had sent for the supreme witch and warlock Minauri and Haeran...but they were in the middle of some rituals and asked appa to hold a grand celebration for my and Jin's birthday... Many kingdoms were invited for the celebration which marked the day that ruined my life...a day which I can't forget not matter whatever I do'

Taehyung laid down beside Jungkook who was quick enough to wrap his hand around the younger's waist as he continued ' We all were too happy...me and Jin hyung were excited beyond limits because our wolves will start reacting and we could transform soon..
That's when Junghyun came...he seemed to be a nice guy...and appa was happily talking to him..he even introduced us to Junghyun who oh so lovingly took my hyung in his arms.. playing with him... Appa and eomma were happy as Junghyun had agreed to start the moon festival again forgetting the rivalry and appa told me that he will let me redesign it once I grow up... But me being the idiot blurted out what if I burn the papers again and that seemed to get Junghyun's attention... Eomma somehow diverted his attention from the topic but Junghyun was a sly man'

' Wh-what did he do?' Taehyung asked..his gut churning

' He approached me as soon as I was left alone with Jin and Namjoon....Sana noona was with her eomma and Namjoon hyung's eomma Soyoon ajumma and  Joon's appa Jisan ajusshi who was the royal advisor and the second in command of Mirawik was all busy with something else... Junghyun sent Jihoon and Sehun to call eomma appa and in that gap he asked what I was talking about before and I excitedly told him that I can control fire... He played along and said that moon goddess will punish me for lying and he won't believe it unless I show him... I showed him the sparks that played on my fingertips...that was all I was capable of doing voluntarily...but he kept on provoking me and I was so angry that I said that I can make a bigger fire and he pointed towards the decorations that were hanging above my hyungs...and my anger gave away and came the biggest flames I have ever seen...