27: Bonus

❝'Cause all the boys and their expensive cars / with their range rovers and their jaguars / never took me quite where you do❞

- king of my heart : taylor swift

The boys were broke. Big Time Rush might have been America's boyband, but their wallets didn't reflect that success. Between what they spent on their girlfriends and the snack stand, the four of them only had Carlos's stash of Monopoly money at their disposal. And that couldn't even buy them one packet of gummies from the Palm Woods snack stand. So, they dragged Kit with them to negotiate as they marched into Rocque Records, demanding pay.

All four of the boys crossed their arms over their chests, putting on their best tough faces. Kit followed a pace behind. She entered Gustavo's office and lazily walked to stand next to James. She watched as they all demanded at once:

"We want money!"

Kelly looked up from the tablet she and Gustavo were working with. She raised her eyebrows. Gustavo barely looked up. "Forget it!"

"What?" Asked Carlos. "Why not?"

"We earned it," Kendall reminded him.

"Ah," Logan chimed in. "From our sold-out concerts and our record sales."

"And," James cut him off. "What about that foreign commercial we did last month?"

Kit giggled at the memory. It was an eastern European production for Bavara-Slavian hoof soup and while the food had been nearly inedible, James had finally been allowed to wear a bandanna.

"Well," Kelly shook her head. "You can't have your money because Griffin puts it all into an account that you can't access until you're 21."

Kit nodded along. She seemed to be the only one who knew this. They did get paid a small amount from time to time, but the majority of their earnings were saved until they were more mature. Kit had her mother speak with Griffin and arranged for her to be able to take the money out on her daughter's behalf when the time came to pay for college tuition.

Kelly and Gustavo exited the room, ignoring the boys' protest.

"21?"

"That's so–"

The teens followed them out into the lounge. But Kelly wasn't listening. Instead, Gustavo tried to explain it to them.

"This way, it's safe and secure, and you dogs can't waste it on stupid things."

James shrugged, "We wouldn't do that."

Griffin strode into the room through the side door of Studio B. He addressed James:

"Of course, you would," he said. "Because you're all young and stupid."

Kit shrugged, not able to fully disagree with him. James gawked at him. Kendall and Logan shared offended looks at this assessment. Carlos gasped.

"Whoa," he jammed a finger towards Griffin. "That is not true."

Without moving a muscle, Griffin shot back: "Your hand is stuck in a vase."

Carlos lifted his right hand. He glanced at it and, to his surprise, found that it was jammed inside a red tinted vase that usually sat around the lounge. The others turned to look at it.

Kendall sucked his teeth. Logan tilted his head slightly, lip tugging down.

"Yeah, well, that's Carlos," he said. "But the rest of us are very responsible."

Kendall smiled, backing him up.

Griffin grinned, shaking his head. "You all have vases on your hands."