Bonus: Songwriters

Note: This bonus chapter takes place between Beach Party (ch. 6) & Kings and Queens (ch. 8).

[ Big Time Songwriters: 2 x 14 ]

"We need your help!" James and Logan spoke over each other as they leaned into Kendall.

They hardly waited for Kit to pick up before they started yelling into the speakerphone. Kit pulled her phone away from her face, rubbing at her ringing ears. Slowly, she brought the receiver back to her face:

"Well, hello to you, too. My day is going great, thanks for asking. How's yours?"

"Sorry, Kit Kat," Kendall sighed. "Griffin wants some bonus songs with a 'fresh new sound,' so he hired some new songwriters, but instead of writing, they were just fighting!"

Kit frowned. She was partially offended that no one thought to ask her for help.

"Okay?"

"They got put in the hospital," Logan explained.

Kit's eyes widened. "Oh, um, okay. Sorry, what did you want my help with?"

James pushed to the front of the group and grabbed the phone. "We need you to help us write a song, because you're the most talented songwriter we know."

"And, please," Carlos pouted.

Kit sighed, "Fine. But I'm not doing everything for you. I'm only going to help."

Kendall and Logan exchanged glances. They had, in fact, expected her to do it all herself.

"We know," James assured her. "Just, please? Can you meet us at the studio?"

With a heavy sigh, Kit hung up the phone. She took her songbook from her desk, grabbed her purse and car keys, and headed off to rescue Big Time Rush's bonus tracks.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Kit made it to Rocque Records just as the songwriters Griffin hired— Daryl and Jam Box— were wheeled off into an ambulance. One of them had his head shoved through a drum set, while his partner had been stabbed with several drumsticks. Kelly waved to her as she climbed into the back of the ambulance. Kit waved back, eyebrows furrowed, as she passed. On her way in, she also ran into Griffin. He gave her a curt nod.

"Oh, good," he said. "That was fast."

Kit gave him an odd look. "Okay? Hi, Griffin"

She didn't stick around to chat. Kendall mentioned fighting and songwriting, and Kit had a sinking feeling that would be the first thing they tried. It didn't take her long to find the boys. Gustavo's yelling could be heard from the hallway.

"Are you ready to sit in complete silence for hours, waiting for the perfect lyric to arrive?"

Kit steeled herself as she entered Studio A. She paused at the doorway to take in the destroyed instruments that littered the room. The boys stood in front of Gustavo and his piano, listening intently. Logan was even taking notes.

She decided to approach them as Gustavo stood up.

"Or stare into the eyes of the sun to find that killer hook? Huh? Are ya?"

Eyebrow raised, Kit cut in: "Please, do not do that. That was a metaphor-"

She gave the boys— Carlos and James especially— a pointed look.

Carlos was the first to recover from Gustavo's screaming:

"You and Kit could write the song with us!"