Bonus: Moms

Note: This bonus chapter takes place between Date Night (ch. 7) & Kings and Queens (ch. 8).

[ 2 x 18 ]

The Knight siblings always did their best to make Mother's Day special. This year, with the added three boys of Big Time Rush to help, they went bigger than ever. Though, in retrospect, a giant bouncy house in the crib's living room was probably more for them than for Mama Knight.

Mama Knight entered the living room with a basket of laundry in her hands and stopped, eyes wide, as she spotted the surprise. All five of the teens were breaking in the bouncy house gleefully. James and Kit held hands as they jumped, and the others were keeping watch for when Mrs. Knight finally entered the room. The basket fell from her hands as the teens yelled out:

"Happy Mother's Day!"

They slowed to speak to her, but didn't stop jumping entirely.

"Here's your gift!" Kendall held out his hands to gesture at the structure.

"Love you!" Kit smiled at her.

Carlos glanced at her through the netting on the side of the castle, "Are you surprised?"

"Yes," Mama Knight blinked at the kids. "Because Mother's Day isn't 'til tomorrow."

"Yeah, well, there was a two-day-for-one day special," Logan explained.

"Smart shopping," James beamed. "Isn't it great?"

The teens continued to cheer, giggly. Mama Knight held up her hands, at a loss. She raised her voice for them to hear her better:

"I was really just hoping for some peace and quiet," she informed them.

At this, the teens ceased their jumping and each fell to their knees, except for Logan, who leaned against the mesh wall and stuck his fingers through the holes. James never let go of Kit's hand, so he took her down extra hard with him. She struggled to get quickly back up on her knees. Mrs. Knight took in their sad faces and felt instantly guilty.

Carlos was unable to hide his disappointment. "You don't like your present?"

"No," she held out her hands. Mrs. Knight forced a smile. "I love it."

"Yeah!"

"Come on in!"

"She loves it!"

They were quick to rise back to their feet. The boys lifted up the wall to let her in as she rushed over to join them in the bouncy house. Kit and Kendall helped her stand up.

"Mom," Kendall said as he jumped with her. "You spread fun wherever you go."

The other teens yelled out their agreement. Kit gave her mother a brief hug before James pulled her away again. He held both of her hands in his, not unlike Kendall was doing with his mother as they jumped together.

Their fun was put to a screeching halt by a firm voice:

"James."

The bouncy house stilled and all eyes turned to the front door at the sound of Brooke Diamond's voice. James's mother was a strikingly beautiful woman. Her eyes were a piercing hazel color that could stare right through you. Power radiated off her in a terrifying, captivating air.

"Mom?"

James could hardly speak. He stared blankly at her as the bouncy house began to deflate beneath them, right along with James's heart. Kit couldn't help but to notice the suitcase she brought with her.