29: Tour-Bus Logan

❝ you think i'm crazy / and it's true / i'm crazy for you

- crazy for u : big time rush

Big Time Rush was on the road for a radio tour across the U.S. It was a short warmup to ease them back into touring before their big summer show. They were touring with Victoria Justice this time. Gustavo had gotten them two tour buses. Against Gustavo's wishes, Kit and the boys insisted that she go with them, rather than traveling with her sister and mother in a rental car. She gave the excuse that she could keep an eye on them.

Carlos began documenting their adventures early. He kept a Carlos Cam charged and nearby at all times to record their adventures aboard the tour bus. BTR Bus 1 had Kendall and Carlos and, as far as Gustavo knew, Kit. Though she spent most of her time on Bus 2 with James and Logan.

Carlos held the camera up to Kendall.

"No," said Kendall. "I'm waiting for Jo to chat me."

He sat on the couch with his laptop open.

"But Gustavo told me to get some playful tour bus footage and post it."

Kendall quirked an eyebrow. "And what's he gonna say when Kit's not in any of ours?"

Carlos shrugged. "I'll edit her in later."

"Okay," he added. "You directing? Is that really a good idea?"

Carlos struggled to get the camera to focus. When he got it right again, he could clearly see the judgment in Kendall's eyes. Carlos lowered the camera, "Is being boring a good idea?"

Kendall opened his mouth, then closed it, wordless, as Carlos turned on his heel and went to set his camera down.

Kendall tried to fix his hair in the camera as he waited for Jo. Carlos walked back over to him, kneeling. He shut his eyes and opened them wide, challenging Kendall.

"Fine," Kendall widened his eyes just as much. "Let's do this."

He leaned forward, raising one eyebrow, as he engaged in a staring contest. Kendall wriggled his eyebrows but didn't blink. Not even when his video chat rang.

He turned to stare at the computer. He quickly answered James's Chatter video request.

"What?" Kendall asked. "I'm having a staring contest with Carlos while waiting for Jo."

James looked deeply unamused. Kit sat next to him, leaning into him so they both fit into the frame. She glared at James.

"I can't take it anymore," James declared. "I want to switch at the next stop."

Kendall missed Kit rolling her eyes as his gaze returned to Carlos. He flickered them back to James and as he spoke:

"Each bus has two bunks, so one of us has to ride with tour-bus Logan and Kit, and you drew the short straw."

Carlos nodded but didn't break his stare. He frowned in concentration.

Kit cleared her throat. She smacked James on the arm. "Excuse me," she said. "What did I do?"

James glanced from Kit to something off screen, who Kendall presumed was Logan. He raised his eyebrows. "Do you really want me to answer that?"

"Yes," Kit nodded.

"It could be worse," Kendall offered.

"Oh, yeah?" James turned his head to Kit. He gestured to her with his thumb and nodded his head vaguely off toward Logan. "If I have to watch you two make out one more time-"