Chapter 3

AN: We can't have all the nice things. Sorry, Dal-Eun.

Chapter 3: Salvation

The first time Ahn Dal-Eun met his first friend/ brother/Childhood friend/ best friend in a package for the first time. He was 7 years old and still feeling annoyed and frustrated that he was going through to school again for the 2nd time in his life.

" Introduce yourself little Dal... "

Their primary school teacher ushered him to the front. Unfazed by the gazes of the other kids, Dal-Eun introduces himself but not before pouting at his teacher.

" I'm not little... I'm Dal-Eun. I don't want to be friends with all of you. "

After that, there was silence. The teacher laughed awkwardly at Dal-Eun's attitude.

" How about you took your seat Dal-Eun? You can choose- "

Before their teacher could finish her words, she was interrupted by one of her students.

" Hey! You didn't tell us your surname! "

" I don't have one. "

" Liar!"

" It's true. I don't have a surname. I'm adopted. "

" B-but! What's the connection between having no surname and being adopted?! "

The kid sputtered at Dal-Eun.

" My real parents didn't leave me any surname and I'm unsure if I can use the surname of my adopted parents. "

" You're dumb! "

Dal-Eun glared at the little kid.

" What did you fucking say you little shit? "

There was a gasp of surprise from the kids and indignation from their teacher.

" Dal-Eun! "

" I'm not a little shit! You're shorter than me and dumb! They adopted you. Why do you think you can not use their surname!?"

Tae-Woo is a little shit when Dal-Eul meets him for the first time.

But it was because of that behavior, that Dal-Eul's attention was piqued by Tae-Woo, feeling annoyance towards the sassy child and then leading into a friendship.

Over the years, Dal-Eul has been changed into several foster guardians more than ten times. Tae-Woo was the only thing that remained constant and the addition of 3 other friends.

He would never think that they would be gone someday.

Taken away from him because of the cruel selfishness of humanity and a goddess.

--------------------------

It was out of her expectations to be transported to another world and away from society and Earth.

She gritted her teeth as she remembered her stats, talents, and the review given to her. Such crap! Such Bullshit! She wouldn't die in this place because of her shitty attributes!

It was truly a blessing that she encountered and was saved by Kim Hyunsung.

The moment that she was saved by him, it was decided that she would latch on to that man. Someone strong and able to defeat those monsters easily. He also has flawless swordsmanship! Such a catch! She must not let go of this guy.

She will grip tightly on this man. Kim Hyunsung was her key to survival.

Even pretending to be younger than him and calling him an Oppa, shame, and dignity have no use here. She would use anything so that she would have her security and survival assured in this new world.

Along with other people, and their increasing number, Lee Jihye followed Kim Hyungsung. She couldn't guess or know what Kim Hyunsung was thinking.

But she was told that they were looking for a place where they could make their base.

The further that they walk, the more people accompany them. Lee Jihye was slowly increasingly getting annoyed. But she didn't show it to her face. Instead, she adopted the amiable and sweet persona in hope that it would increase her favor with Kim Hyungsung.

The people that they came across looks like a bunch of good for nothing. They would just become a burden. This wouldn't do. And why they are still walking? Is it a base that they are looking for or someone else?

Suddenly, Lee Jihye heard the gasp of some people. She followed their gaze and her eyes widened. She has no time to react when Kim Hyunsung rushed forward and attack those few monsters attempting to kill that person.

After slashing the monster's head off, Kim Hyungsung looks at the person.. not the kid with a concerned expression on his face.

" It's alright, the monsters are gone. "

He tried to assure the kid but he was still gripping his sword tightly and didn't let go. Lee Jihye decided to approach them.

Kim Hyungsung's assurance is useless. Perhaps, this needs a woman's touch or someone to have a motherly impression. She tried her best to not look disgusted with the kid. He was probably a teenager in his middle school years. His body was drenched with blood along with his face. Around him, Lee Jihye could see the body of monsters piled around and some body parts that came from a human.

Lee Jihye did her best to not throw up when she saw those.

" You're safe now. "

She said those words to the kid with a gentle and soft voice. The latter has his grip on the sword tightened. It looks like it was a stubborn kid.

" ..Will you betray us too? "

Lee Jihye considers it a success when the kid responded despite the hostility. She bit her lip when she heard the kid's question.

She now knows why he was looking at them with a distrustful gaze.

'Us? There must be others with him. '

Bad luck with the kid's companions or friends that they died. The kid was still fortunate or blessed with good stats if he managed to survive on his own for some time.

" No, I promise that we wouldn't betray you. "

Lee Jihye decided to have Kim Hyungsung the one responding to the question. She was cautious that the kid would sense her lies if she was the one who answered.

It would be more appropriate for Kim Hyungsung. He doesn't have any malicious intentions toward the kid. He looks so sincere and compassionate compared to her.

The kid's sword then cluttered to the ground along with the kid dropped to his knees as tears started gathering in his eyes.

Even with tears, the kid didn't ruffle any sympathy from Lee Jihye. But she showed a concerned and compassionate expression to gain more goodwill from Kim Hyungsung. She also wanted to gain the kid's trust since she could guess that the kid has good stats and talent if he survives for that long and killed those monsters.

Stretching out her hand, she asked the kid with a gentle and assuring smile on her face.

" My name is Lee Jihye and this man is Kim Hyungsung-Oppa would you want to go with us? "

The kid then stared at them. His crying face covered with tears and snot was slowly replaced by a blank expression on his face. Then he suddenly went unconscious.

Even with the kid not answering her question, Hyungsung decided to pick up the kid and bring him along with them. Truthfully, Lee Jihye has also no plan of not bringing a useful piece of a pawn with them. She could use the kid. He would be another treasure that she could latch onto for her survival.

A wretched expression was revealed on her face for a moment before it was replaced with a gentle and sweet expression as she followed along with Kim Hyungsung who was carrying the unconscious kid.