Chapter 10

Chapter 10: How to be productive (part 1)

When Ahn Dal-Eun returned from the base, Kim Hyungsung, Park Deok-Gu, and Lee Kiyoung hasn't still returned from their monster sweeping and procuring supplies.

" Ah, Dal-Eun... you're here! "

One of the people on the camp was assigned this morning as a guard greeted Dal-Eun when he notice Dan-Eul's presence.

The Guard is around in his 60's. He was already elderly. Despite the grandpa's eyes already trailing to the food that Dan-Eul have gathered, he couldn't fault him for his behavior.

It was natural to have the desire at all.

The desire was driven by want, needs, motivation, and reasons.

Dan-Eul can't fault them for being taken away from Earth.

He can't fault them for being in denial. To be taken from the environment that they used to know where they are secure and safe... If their condition in that place is better, then the harder it was to accept this reality.

It would take a lot of time or the right necessary factors for them to get over their denial.

He can't also fault them for being greedy for food... They were just hungry.

Being cowardly went out and risk their life since they were scared of the possibility of death.

But Dan-Eul would never tolerate traitors.

Someone who would push comrades so that they could save their lives.

Hypocrite.

A voice in Dan-Eul's mind whispers.

You just reap what you sow.

" Dal-Eun-ssi.. "

While Dal-Eun have his mind wandering again, they were approached by Park Hyeyoung.

" Hyeyoung-ssi. "

" Is that food? "

" Yes, please pass the bag and leather pouches to Jihye-nim and have her distribute them to whoever needs them. "

Dal-Eun clutched his head as he returned to the tent. Then he remembered what he told Kim Hyungsung yesterday. He grimaced.

Then he glances at the pieces of fabric that he found around. He could have a sleeping bag instead of a cot. But he doesn't know how would he make a sleeping bag. He needed to look for someone knowledgeable about these things.

Dan-Eul hoped badly that not all of the people here are just leeches and scumbags.

Some people may be still classless so that's why they didn't want to go out and fight or they were just not fortunate enough to be blessed with a class that could be useful for battle.

Suddenly, Dal-Eul halted in his train of thought.

Someone in the production class... Alchemists exist so there should be other production classes that exist in this world.

14 years... His information about this world isn't foolproof. He has forgotten a lot and maybe important things.

Life for him right now would be easier if there was someone who could make a sleeping bag. Even it wasn't perfect.

Life on the camp would be easier if everyone isn't a coward and become productive.

Productive...

Classes...

Experience...

Dal-Eun's eyes then gleamed with unholy light.

----------------------------

Lee Jihye sighed in relief as she stared at the list of names and descriptions in the paper and pen that she managed to procure. She discovered that some of the people here has been summoned bringing along items with them.

The one where she has taken the paper and item is from a student. Thankfully, the said student was cooperative. Lee Jihye just need to give her bread and water and she agreed enthusiastically under the gazes of other people.

So far she has managed to record the list of 34 people. Which wasn't the total number of people in their camp.

She could continue it later. For now, she needed to eat. She took out bread and started eating the bread and stared at the names frowning.

While she was thinking, she heard the familiar voice of someone.

" Lee Jihye-nim! "

It was the first time that she had seen Dal-Eun looking so enthusiastically. As she approached, Lee Jihye asked.

" How did it go? "

" It was a success. "

Lee Jihye could see that Dal-Eun didn't bring any of the so-called totems with him. Hopefully, he has hidden it somewhere safe.

While Dal-Eun was staring at her looking so motivated, She decided to inquire.

" Do you need something Dongsaeng? "

Dal-Eun then calms down but not before looking curiously at the paper and pen in her hand.

" Where did you get it? "

" Some of the people in the camp have accidentally brought items with them when they were summoned. "

" Really?! "

There was an excited gleam in Dal-Eun's eyes.

" Did they bring any cellphones?! "

Lee Jihye shook her head.

" No. They didn't bring any piece of technology with them. "

Dal-Eun sighed in disappointment. There were many things that he could do about cell phones right now. While he was thinking about the things he could do with cell phones in this world, Dal-Eun asked.

" What did you do with the pen and the paper Lee Jihye-nim? "

Lee Jihye then showed the list of the names of the people in the paper. Dal-Eun read the 34 names on the list. On that list, 3 people are already of warrior classes and the rest are currently classless.

Lee Jihye has their names recorded, gender, age, class or classless, attribute, and talent potential.

After a while, Dal-Eun finished reading the list.

" It isn't all of the people right Jihye-nim? "

" Indeed I can't finish listing all of the people in just a short time. "

" Did someone still have paper and pen? Then you could probably ask Park Hyeyoung for help. "

" What about you, Dongsaeng? "

There was a sweet smile on Lee Jihye's face. As always it was an act.

Dal-Eun then shook his head at the question. He doesn't want to interact with so many people. And he also can't do the headcount since there is a chance of encountering 'him'.

He glance at Jihye who was watching him curiously. Dal-Eun didn't like the way Jihye look at him like a piece of meat or a golden goose who lays a golden egg.

Anyway...

" Jihye-nim.. could you possibly list out the people in your list if they have a job back on earth or if they have some specialties or hobbies? "

" Why? "

" Well, I have a thought... "

Dal-Eun decided to tell Lee Jihye about his idea. Lee Jihye then asked her questions and Dal-Eun then answered them to the best that he can. Near the end of their topic, there was a hungry and predatory smile on Lee Jihye's face. A glimpse beneath the act. Her true nature and expression.

" If what have you theorized can happen... Then this trash and leeches aren't useless at all. "

Dal-Eun then started to get weirded out when Lee Jihye drooled looking at the people in the camp like a delicious piece of meat.

With his job done and his idea relayed to Lee Jihye, he decided to walk away from her. He would leave the plotting and scheming to Lee Jihye. Dal-Eun would go and find someone who can help him with his sleeping bag problem.