Chapter 23

Chapter 23: A troublesome situation

AN: Here's an update.

A day after the arrival of Yoo Seokwoo and the other people who have been thrown away by Lee Jihye in the camp, Lee Kiyoung along with Jung Hayan and Park Deokgu returned in the morning.

Arriving at the gate, they were greeted by the two guards.

" Ah, Kiyoung-ssi, welcome. "

" Ah, Park Deokgu-ssi you returned! "

" Good work Hayan-ssi. "

Despite the enthusiastic greeting that they receive from the guard, Lee Kiyoung notices that something is amiss. Still, he kept quiet and returned the greetings with a crafted polite, and gentle smile on his face.

" You as well, thank you for your hard work and making sure that everyone is safe. "

With Lee Kiyoung's 'genuine' praise, the two guards guarding the camp's gate feel a little embarrassed by Lee Kiyoung's compliment. But other than embarrassment they feel flattered and felt more invigorated about doing their duty more.

" We would do our best Kiyoung-nim! "

" Please leave it to us, the guarding of our camp Kiyoung-Hyung! "

While the two guards energetically replied to Lee Kiyoung, despite the praise that he had given to the 2 guards, his thoughts inside his mind were different.

' What guarding? What duty? Tch, you two are just a bunch of useless lumps who were a little bit better than those useless maggots inside the shelter. Guarding? Heh, I would call it more like uselessly standing idle. There are no monsters around the shelter... You two standing there outside are useless. What could you possibly guard us against? And one of you called me Hyung... It was disgusting! You two are 10 years older than me. '

Before Lee Kiyoung and his group went inside, the guard asked about Kim Hyungsung.

" Hyungsung-ssi would be late. but he would return today at the Shelter. "

Upon hearing Lee Ki-young's information, the two guards sighed in relief.

" Is that so? We're glad. "

" Thank goodness.. "

With those words coming from the guards and their reactions, Lee Kiyoung felt that there was something wrong. Something that probably happened while they were gone in the Shelter.

Seeing Lee Kiyoung's curious gaze at them, one of the guards standing at the Shelter's gate smiled wryly.

" You were probably curious about our reaction Kiyoung-ssi... "

Gripping the makeshift wooden spear that he was holding, the guard continued and started relaying the story of what happened to the camp while they were gone.

The story of yesterday where the people that Lee Jihye had thrown out of the camp were returned. They caused a ruckus and offended Lee Jihye by making some crude and nasty accusations. It is about Lee Jihye but they have involved Kim Hyungsung. Yeo Seokwoo accused Lee Jihye of offering sexual things to Kim Hyungsung to get into her current position.

At the end of the story, Lee Kiyoung was thinking something inside his mind. But he merely keeps his thoughts to himself.

'There might indeed be a possibility of Lee Jihye offering sexual favours...

Lee Kiyoung remembered Lee Jihye's lips against his own.

'But for someone like my dear stoic and cold regressor who has only the future in his mind and gathering strong comrades... It was unlikely that our dear regressor would accept something so benign... '

As for Dal-Eun.

' That Yoo Seokwoo trash reap what he sow... His body was encased on ice instantly. That bastard deserves it. But Dal-Eun... '

Lee Kiyoung shivered unconsciously. With his mind's eye, he already knows Dal-Eun's true power and potential. The young man was also someone who wasn't easily swayed and cautious around the people. It was regretful for Lee Kiyoung that he met the kid quite late.

Recluse Adventurer

What would have happened if he had met him earlier when the kid hadn't still experienced betrayal?

Even with his status as a Reincarnator, Lee Kiyoung was confident in swaying him to his side before the kid's disposition changed and the betrayal that happened to him and his friends.

' There's still hope!'

Lee Kiyoung thought inside his mind.

Hearing Dal-Eun's reaction towards the people who have insulted Kim Hyungsung, Lee Kiyoung never expected the relationship between his regressor and reincarnator to be that positive.

' Going as nearly killing the maggot who has insulted Kim Hyungsung. Dal-Eun regards our dear regressor highly, doesn't he? How cute. '

He could use this to pull Dal-Eun toward his side.

A 'gentle' smile was then revealed on Lee Kiyoung's face.

" Kiyoung-ssi? "

One of the guards then asked putting Kiyoung out of his scheming. Responding to the guard, Kiyoung told the guy.

" I am grateful for the two of you telling us the story. I am glad that all of you are safe here. Other than those guys causing a ruckus, did other things happen in the camp? '

The guard paused for a second before responding.

" Lee Jihye-nim has managed to convince Dal-Eun to unfreeze Seokwoo. With the help of the other people in the camp, he was imprisoned in a cage that Dal-Eun made. For the other people who have left the camp and returned with Seokwoo, they are being monitored by the others. And for the 3 new people that they brought here to the camp... "

Lee Kiyoung saw the guard trailing off and followed where the guard was looking. There, he found Dal-Eun still wearing his mask accompanying Lee Jihye. The latter was talking to a handsome man with a scar on his face. The man had an awkward smile on his face while saying something to placate the awful mood that Lee Jihye had.

Curious about these new people, Lee Kiyoung activated his mind's eye. Starting with the black-haired handsome man with a scar on his face.

[ Name: Jung Jinho
Title: None
Age: 29
Disposition: Calculating Killer
Class: Magic Swordsman- Rare Grade ]

[ Stats:

Strength: 25 → Epic Growth or Higher Potential
Agility: 23 → Epic Growth or Higher potential
Vitality: 24 → Epic Growth or Higher potential
Intelligence: 20 → Rare or lower potential
Endurance: 23 → Epic or Lower potential
Luck: 15 → Rare or Higher Potential
Mana: 8 → Rare or Higher Potential ]

[ Attributes: None ]

[Overview:

An undeniable talent, it's impossible for him to develop badly. Overall, he's so amazingly well-balanced, naturally, there aren't many things he couldn't do. If he dutifully pursues growth, he may be able to rise to the top. His disposition is the kind I can get behind. I recommend not getting any closer. This person could be too dangerous for player Lee Kiyoung.]

Still glancing at the man, Lee Kiyoung saw Jung Jinho smiling at Dal-Eun with a fond smile on his face. He doesn't look like he was faking his expression at all.

Knowing what happened earlier and this man's disposition, this psychopath must be impressed with Dal-Eun's magic and Dal-Eun trying to kill Yoo Seokwoo.

' Noona what are you doing? Take Dal-Eun away from that psychopath! '

Lee Kiyoung's expression became uglier when he saw Jung Jinho tapping Dal-Eun lightly on his shoulder. He already has Lee Jihye as a competition for Dal-Eun's trust, now there was another guy that entered the fray. And this one is terrifying. Suddenly, Jung Jinho moves his gaze towards him before smiling and walking towards Lee Kiyoung and the others.