Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Camp Construction

      The next day very early in the morning, Dal-Eun decided to not instantly leave the camp. After waking up, he decided to go and wake up Lee Jihye and asked her if she managed to finish conducting the head count on the people at the camp.

Passing the paper to him while letting out a small yawn, Dal-Eun read all of the name lists. The People here in the camp are mostly classless.

" What do you think, Dongsaeng? Caring about one of these people would require so much care and attention, do you think you can take care of all of them? "

Dal-Eun shook his head.

" Obviously no. But once we arrive on the continent, Dal-Eun would take care of those who want to go with me and would pull their backs. "

Passing back the list to Lee Jihye, Dal-Eun added.

" Currently right now Jihye-nim, we can't implement our theory and confirm if it works. Right now, you need to take care of the camp. "

At those words, Jihye's expression turned a little bit ugly as she was reminded of a lot of things. Being summoned to this place, a lot of things are taken away from them.

They have been surviving for 3 days and it was like they are now back in the primitive days of humans. Thankfully on the first day, there was someone who knows how to make a drop toilet in the wild. But the ten-drop toilet made hasn't had any very deep buried holes and there wasn't any proper ventilation.

They haven't also taken a bath for 3 days which was very disgusting and unsanitary. If they would remain here a little longer, some people may start developing illnesses and getting sick because of sanitary problems.

The first who would be victims would be the elderly since they already have weak immune systems. Followed by people with illnesses on their bodies, children, and adults.

Dal-Eun and Jihye discuss all of the possible problems in the camp right now. At the end of their topic, Dal-Eun then asked.

" Jihye-nim, how's the water I brought back yesterday? "

Jihye narrowed her eyes at the question.

" What did you do? "

" Jihye-nim, Dal-Eun didn't manage to find any water around the several starting points that he has arrived at. So Dal-Eun decided to convert water mana into water with the use of water magic and boil them using fire magic. After that, he cooled them using wind magic and place them in leather pockets."

Dal-Eun can feel the gaze boring holes at him.

" It wouldn't be bad if some people at the camp could choose their class to a mage. Even if they were lacking in firepower, they could help with the camp construction. With the use of Earth magic, they could dig holes, and create earth walls as a fortification in the camp or makeshift houses. For water magic, as long as they have mana, we could fill the dig holes with water and we may have an endless water supply. Since Jihye-nim does not react earlier, Dal-Eun could assume that the water is alright as long as we boil them. Then wind magic can help with the ventilation of the toilets. "

After listening to Dal-Eun, Lee Jihye then asked Dal-Eun.

" You have used your magic for water supply. "

Dal-Eun scoffed under his mask.

" There weren't any rules saying Dal-Eun couldn't use magic other than for battle and practice purposes. Magic is like Science Jihye-nim. "

" To make our life convenient. "

" Yes! The people of this world may have as well-developed magic to make their life easier. "

" You're not a normal 10-year-old kid. "
" What?! How rude! Dal-Eun is 14 years old! "

After that, there was a new wave of discussion between the two of them on various applications of magic to make their life easier.

Lee Jihye came to a decision. Even she doesn't want the spotlight.

1 hour later, Lee Jihye decided to call the people and make an announcement.

---------------------------

The morning when the sun hasn't risen yet, Lee Jihye asked the people to gather around the makeshift podium that was recently established.

Since it was still early in the morning, Kim Hyungsung, Park Deok-Gu, Lee Kiyoung, and Jung Hayan who would be accompanying them on today's exploration haven't left yet. They bore witness to the scene.

" Good morning everyone, did you all have pleasant dreams and get the right amount of sleep? ~ "

Various grumbles and confusion were the replies that Lee Jihye got from the people. Clapping her hands together and acting cute, Jihye then declared.

" I was happy to hear everyone's response. Anyway, I have an announcement to make! So please listen carefully okay? "

Winking at her audience, and ignoring Kiyoung's disgusted gaze. She smiled at the crowd.

" We would run out of water this morning. And the supply of water in starting points would run out too."

There are various exclamations and protests. Shushing the crowd, Jihye added.

" But there was a solution to our problem! Do you want to hear it? "

The crowd nodded and Jihye's smile brightened.

" Go out and kill monsters. "

A bombard of reasons comes out one by one from the trashy crowd. Jihye then sent a pleading expression from Hyungsung.

" Let's continue to hear Jihye-ssi. "

The crowd immediately quietened after that.

" I understand that everyone is scared of monsters and dying. Truthfully I am scared too. From living in a perfectly normal society, we are taken away from our security, safety, home, loved ones, and place of comfort...I miss my family too. "

A few tears were leaking out of Jihye's eyes as she look at the crowd with a compassionate gaze. The crowd looks at Jihye with sympathy and pity. Unknown to them they were being fooled.

" Aren't everyone tired of being constantly thirsty, not able to take a bath for 3 days, feeling constantly cold at night? Then, there was an easy solution everyone~ "

Jihye emphasized the word easily. The crowd's attention was on her further and a smirk formed inside his mind.

" Magic! It's your solution to your current problems! Became a mage and learn magic. You would have always an unlimited supply of water. Warm yourself in a campfire made of magic so you wouldn't feel the cold every night. Create houses with Earth Magic and you wouldn't feel the heat when the sun has risen to its highest point with your wind magic. But don't worry, if you are afraid of getting killed by monsters, Dal-Eun would help you to gain your classes and restrict those monsters and you would have an easy kill! "

Jihye watched the conflicted crowd with an understanding gaze. But inside his mind, it was a different story.

' Not all of the people here can become mages, but those who would choose the mage class. Please prepare to become all function workers of the camp. '

Looking at the specific part of the crowd, Jihye could see Kim Hyungsung gazing at her like he have seen her in a new light, there was admiration in Park Deok-Gu and Jung Hayan's gazes, and finally... Lee Kiyoung was mimicking Park Deok-Gu and Jung Hayan.

' Hohohohoho! Are you dying of jealousy right now Kiyoung? Then please continue to do it in the future. There would be a lot of opportunities after all! '

[ You have opened a few classes. ]

While she was gloating inside her mind, Lee Jihye was surprised when the notification appeared.

[ Reading the Available Class ]

[ < Class >

• Commander (Rare)
• Warrior (Common)
• Archer (Common)
• Baronet (Rare) ]